Friday, July 17, 2015

Projets de Papier

Those who know me best, know I love to art-journal, and I love keeping planners as well. (In fact, it's become a necessity.  I'm not getting any younger, and I'm afraid my brain isn't getting any sharper!)


Allow me to re-introduce my little family of journals...  
(all named, just for fun!)

From the left, clockwise...
I use the purple Day Runner, Amy, for craft planning;
the black Miquelrius, (as my fauxbonichi), Rowena;
the black Franklin Covey, Lily, is my home planner;
and my little pink Piazza Filofax, Sara,
is a planner for my purse.

I love picking up little "goodies" to use 
with all my journals...  like stickers and washi tapes.


I love trying out new pens or pencils..


Previously I've shared my art journals, and/or the various pages I've created; but I've found that time does not allow what it takes to do that kind of thing on a daily basis anymore.  I don't have time to drag out the gesso, the tools, the stencils, the stamps, the inks, the ump-teen colors of paints, the ephemera, etc., etc., etc....  So I was discouraged.  I found I couldn't do what I loved, until I was introduced to what's referred to as a "fauxbonichi".  It's a journal of one's choice, be it a 99-cent notebook, or a more expensive journal, depending on one's preferences; but the idea is to journal, scrap, sketch, paint, color, etc., etc., all in one book...   (in my own case, on a smaller, simpler scale) I create a page either everyday, or whenever time allows.  It's my book, about 8" x 6" in size, and there are no rules!


I can use pencils, pens, crayons..   Nothing too complicated here!  I even joined a group, Fauxbonichi Journalers, on Facebook.   Here, members can share their work, their ideas, their suggestions, and artistic prompts...  I really love this style, or method, of journaling!

It just fits my lifestyle best right now.  Some pages are done very plain and simply, while other pages may be more elaborate and colorful; but I enjoy looking through the work I've put into it, from time to time, and I most love the memories I can look back on!

Here is a crafty paper project I recently did.  These Jar-Shaped ATCs are inspired by THIS VIDEO.


I added my own homemade soda bottle cap embellishments, and then made the ATCs into refrigerator magnets for myself and a friend.  Without the caps, I still think they would make cute bookmarks, recipe cards, journaling spots, or maybe as photo mats for scrapbooks or mini albums!...

Well...  That's it for today.  
Thanks so much for stopping by!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

MINION!!!! Loveeeeeeeee your page and the jars!!!!!

Dorothy M. said...

Thank you for sharing. You may have inspired me to try my hand at journaling.