Friday, July 3, 2015

Baby Blanket!

I feel so badly that it's been so long since I last posted.  Admittedly, I am sidetracked by Facebook, and Pinterest, and other things going on in my life, in general.  Sadly, I've even considered taking my blog down, but I was afraid it would be an action I'd regret.  I still love Blogland, and the friends I've made here.  So, here I am, and I'd just like to take this time to post a most wonderful bit of news with any of my followers who are still hangin' in there with me...

My baby is having a baby!!  

I'm going to be a "Grammie"!!!   I am so happy, so excited, and so truly blessed!..  And you just KNOW I had to get out my yarn and crochet hook for this!


I just finished a baby afghan, done in a basic granny square style, in the colors Dear Daughter picked out.  Originally, we were going to throw in the color yellow too, but "Ick, spit, sputter, bleck, pew-y, ew..  YUCK!!!"  I tried it several different ways, (frog, frog, frog..  rip-it, rip-it, rip-it!) and yellow was just not working nicely with the other colors.  So blue, green, and white, was the color-combo I went with, in yarns by Red Heart with Love.


All ready for my first grandbaby!...   And yes, if the colors didn't clue you in, IT'S A BOY!  He's due around the end of August!!!  And quick like a bunny, I'm preparing my home for all the quality time I look forward to spending with him!  I just recently picked up a baby swing, and a stroller...  I already have a high chair, because I never could part with the one my own babies used, when they will little.

I'd like to sew up a baby quilt, but we'll see when I can fit that in.  Here's just a little somethin-somethin that I whipped up most recently, on my sewing machine.


This was just a practice-kind-of project.  I like it, but I just don't know yet what to do with it.  Maybe I'll make it into to the top-front of an apron???..  A trivet?...   Or just stick it in a frame, and hang it up on my kitchen wall?  That's probably what I'll end up doing.

I still enjoy art journaling...


but in time, I found it too time-consuming.  I stumbled upon a simpler form of art journaling/junk journaling/scrapbooking/planner-keeping, in what's called a "fauxbonichi".  While I still keep track of appointments, etc., etc. in my Franklin Covey planner, or purse-sized Filofax, I now find myself unwinding, nearly every night, writing, or doodling, or scrapping in my fauxbonichi in a fraction of the time it takes to spread out my big art journal and all the gessos, paints, stencils, etc., etc...   I joined a group on Facebook, called Fauxbonichi Journalers, where I find a good many sources of inspiration, prompts, and challenges.  Here are just a couple of pages I've done, just for example.


A simple ball-point pen, a set of colored pencils 
or crayons, and I'm good to go!!!


I LOVE it, and it just fits me better these days!
Most recently.... 


I still enjoy crafting, every now and then.  Here are some paper cupcake-liner flowers I made.  I love the bright, pearl-like colors!...


Here, I made some flowers with dryer sheets! 
Again, I love the bright colors!


By the way, I still love to bake too!..
(assmbly-line-style banana breads!)


Well, that's enough for now, I guess.  I hope to stop by Blogland a little more regularly than I have lately.  I'd love to share more soon, if I can, and I'd love to catch back up with everybody else here too!  It seems as though I'm ever evolving, but that's what life is all about, right?!  You just roll with the changes, and thank God for every day!..   Much love to you all!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats Grandma!!! LOVING the blanket and the pages!!! And those flowers are amazing!!!!!

Beansieleigh said...

Thank you Julie!!! ((hugs)) and hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend! ~tina

Faith said...

Dear Lucy I have missed you so.How wonderful a little whipper to hug and love up. Beautiful baby ghan you made, I'll bet your hooks will be busier than ever. Congratulations :)
Hugs,
Ethyl

Sandy said...

Wow...you are one talented lady! Lovely crocheted blankie for your first grandchild! And congratulations! I love you little quilt and it would be lovely as the front of an apron. I love your colorful drawings too. And then you throw in baking. How do you do it all? LOL!

Beansieleigh said...

Thank you Sandy! Good to hear from you!!! ((hugs)) How do I do it?.. Very gradually, a little bit at a time, whenever I can fit it in! Eventually, it feels good when things finally come together and get done! :)