1. What is one holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
Answer: We settled for leftovers this time around, but I'd like to establish the tradition of having a pizza delivered on the night we put up the Christmas tree! Who feels like cooking after THAT? Not me!
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet, this month?.. wrapped a gift?... opened a gift?... kissed someone under the mistletoe?.. lit a candle?.. eaten a Christmas cookie?... seen Santa in person?... watched a Christmas movie or special?... read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
Answers: no, no, no, no, no, no... Yes, I saw Santa at the mall... Yes, I saw A Charlie Brown Christmas and watched the movie, White Christmas.... But, no, I'm afraid I have not yet read any scriptures about the birth of Jesus quite yet, this year.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmas time? Explain.
Answer: Well, I like to think I'm a little of both. I may be an adult, but I still can be very much a kid at heart! Where I work, I often have kids telling me there is no Santa Claus; but you can't make me listen to a word of it! Nope!... I suppose, as Christian adults, we have a far better understanding of what Christmas REALLY is all about, and of course Jesus is the most important reason for the season; but I'll never allow adulthood, itself, to cloud my vision of the magic of Santa, and busy little elves making toys, or flying reindeer, a talking snowman, or a nutcracker prince coming to life!
Answer: Hmmmm... I'm afraid I don't know how to answer that question. I suppose it depends on what you're waiting for, how important it is to you, and if you have both the patience and faith it takes, in the process of it all.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Answer: The last sweet thing I baked was a batch of chocolate frosted brownies.. Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum! Yum!
6. This question comes courtesy of Jhona, who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Here is her question: "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?
Answer: I try to be friendly, and maybe would say "Hello" at least; but typically I tend to mind my own business, and just keep quiet where strangers are concerned.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year?.. And what put you there?
Answer: Well, that's a little personal, don'tcha think?!! Ha! Ha!! I plead the fifth! (Actually, I think I've been pretty good this year. My boyfriend and I have recently broken up, but things are still looking up otherwise. I think Santa would be proud! Surely, there must be a dolly with my name on it, in Santa's Workshop!)
8. Random thoughts?.. I managed to crochet that little drawstring bag I mentioned in my last post!
I made it in one night,
Thanks to Joyce for hosting this Blogland event,
and thanks to YOU for stopping by today!