Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Here's To The Past

Filling the very last pages of my junque/art journal will always provoke mixed feelings of accomplishment, and pride; acceptance of both good and bad; and all at the same time there are feelings of reluctance, even sorrow..  when it is time to part ways, and to move on.


A typical art journal may be born, in a sense, weighing only a few pounds; but by the end of a year, from January to December, my own journal has grown so, to weigh in at nearly 12 pounds now!


Yup..  She's a little fatty, but still beautiful!  The cover has taken a bit of a beating.  A flower had to be replaced, while beads, a button, and letters had to occasionally be reset or re-glued....   Now I look back through the pages, remembering all that I did, what I've experienced, the things I have learned, and then I remember even things/people that I miss now.

January...


...a time of new beginnings; 
forgetting, and releasing the bad or the sad, 
while cherishing the good in our lives..  
feeling hopeful for what lies ahead!

February...



March...



April...



May...



June...



July...



August...



September...



October...



November...



December...


Yes, it's been quite a year.  
You take the good with the bad.
That's the way it works...  C'est la vie!


"Year's end is neither an end nor a 
beginning, but a going on, with all the wisdom
that experience can instill in us."
~Hal Borland

Now it is time to say goodbye to this old friend,
my journal for 2014...  I must say, this is one of my
favorite journals ever...  But there will always be a 
place in my heart to remember it by.


....and a plastic bin that's too FULL to store it!
Oh dear..  Guess I need to purchase another one...


Because I'm already starting on my 
new journal for 2015!

May the new year bring good health, peace, 
love, and joy, to you and yours!


5 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

It's a beautiful thing!! And what a treasure to leave your children and their children and so on. Here's to 2015. Wishing you happiness and comfort through it all. ♥

JMS said...

Fantastic journal! Wishing you a wonderful new year!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So beautiful!! LOVING September's page!!! Happy New Year!!!!

Kristina said...

Wow! That turned out wonderful!

My cozy ✄ little space said...

Nice blog i saw you thrue other bloggers...reading back..blessings