Thursday, December 4, 2014

7 in 7 Mid-Month Bonus

Gonna keep this short and sweet, as I think art journaling kind of speaks for itself most of the time... But Jennibellie, from Journal Workshops by Jennibellie, posted a mid-month November challenge. After having done the first set of 7 backgrounds in 7 days, we were challenged to do more backgrounds...  but this time, with random prompts.

We could use a little drawstring bag, or a plastic container, or whatever we had on hand, to keep all our prompts, written on tiny pieces of paper.  I chose to use an empty boutique tissue box.


The deal was to shake that container up, to mix up all the prompts inside; and then without peeking, pick one out.  No matter what it said, we had to do that prompt, when we pulled it out!  My prompts ran in the order as follows...

1.  Markers
2.  Gelatos
3.  Washi Tape
4.  Stencils and/or Stamps
5.  Paper
6.  Paint
7.  Wild Card (any last touches) 

This was a PERFECT exercise for me, artistically, because it made me think out of the box.  No tunnel-vision allowed here, because each step was not by my own choosing. 


It was random, and it pretty much forced me to change old habits/routines that I thought I had to go by!  Here is each one, up closer...

Page One...


Page Two...


Page Three...


Page Four...


Page Five...


Page Six...


Page Seven...


From here, I can now complete my pages
with whatever photos, images, or quotes I want!

But, again..  Am I happy with my work?  
And what have I learned?

This time around, I can say I'm much happier with this set of pages!  I definitely felt challenged, but had so much more FUN, this round, than in the first one!  I believe I may hold on to my little pieces of paper prompts, and perhaps even throw in a few more..  But maybe instead of using some old tissue box, I'll crochet myself a pretty little drawstring pouch to keep them in!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
  

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeee the bright, happy colors!!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a seriously fun prompt, and your pages are just adorable, Tina! How fun!

Sandy said...

Love the 4th one, cute cute fish! What a fun exercise. I can't even draw a good stick person so don't do "art", but enjoy seeing others.

Sandy's Space