Friday, November 7, 2014

7 in 7; Day Two

For my second day of the 7 Backgrounds In 7 Days monthly challenge, at Journal Workshops by Jennibellie, I chose PAPER as my second element.  The types of paper I chose for each page varied as follows...

For my first page, I tore pages from a book,
and then punched a few circles.


For my second page I recycled some ink-sprayed 
paper towels... (and used another paper punch)


For my third page of paper, I used
paper doilies.


On my fourth page, I used
ink-sprayed paper coffee filters...


On my fifth page, I used
scrapbook paper.


On my sixth page, I used 
wallpaper.


And finally, for my seventh page...


I chose a few of my favorite Peanuts 
comic strips from the newspapers.

Hmmm...  Patience is not one of my best virtues, so really, this art challenge is exercising more than I thought it would!!  I want to do MORE to these pages RIGHT NOW!..   But that's o.k., I guess.  I'll be patient.  I'll be good.  I'll wait!..  And I must admit, I find this "curiouser and curiouser", how my train of thought, inspiration, and creativity might change from day to day, in a challenge like this one!

"That explains the trouble I'm always 
in.  Be patient is very good advice,
but the waiting makes me curious...
And I'd love the change.  Should 
something strange begin?"
(Alice, from the Disney production of Alice In Wonderland)
  



I'm not sure what to think of these, now..   at this point;  but I'm looking forward to what Day Three brings.  

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hahahaha .. nothing like watching paint and glue dry, right?? LOL! I have the same problem with that! :) LOVING the pages!!!!

Kristina said...

I love the cartoon idea. It's been a long time since I've read comics in color. Very creative.