Friday, November 14, 2014

7 in 7; Day Six

For Day Six of Jennibellie's 7 Backgrounds In 7 Days, I chose DOODLING!  The tools I used included pens, pencils, markers, and gelatos.  Some pages went through bigger changes than others, but here they are...

Page One...

(Just white pen to add more lacy looking edging on the doilies)

Page Two...

(Used black pen to outline flowers, and gelato to darken edges of page)

Page Three...

(White pen for border snowflakes; blue & gold pens for snowflake atop the tree)

Page Four...

(I just didn't want an Easter-egg look! But I like how it looks almost tribal now!)

Page Five...

(Outlining and detailed leaves on the left; and a shoelace effect on the right)

Page Six...

(wanted to add the zig-zag/ric-rac look, like Charlie Brown's shirt!)

Page Seven...

(outlined tag & inside doily; fancy-schmancy doodles on bottom-left corner)

Once again, I enjoyed the process, but I still feel very stiff about mixed media in general.  I absolutely LOVE the idea of it, but I really need to learn to throw caution to the wind.  I KNOW I'm being much too neat and orderly about it.  


While I like how these are coming along, it's my hope to keep practicing more with it...   to keep LEARNING...   In the meantime, there looks to be just one more day left for these pages!  

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are looking AMAZING! LOVING the snowflake on top on the Christmas tree!!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
Hello, my friend!!

It was so good to hear from you!!

I am back to blogging but on different terms and posting on my Christmas blog...

Hugs,
Deb