Wednesday, November 26, 2014

7 in 7; Day Seven & Wednesday Hodgepodge

A big pause from my last post, but life was calling me elsewhere, with its various demands, responsibilities, and circumstances.  Today, I have the day off; and outside, it's snowing pretty hard right now, so I'm seizing the moment, while time allows!  For Day 7 of this particular mixed media project, I chose my final element to be a focal image.  (From there, I couldn't stop, and I add various other embellishments as well.)  Going against the rules, really, I chose to finish the pages, rather than leave them as just backgrounds, but here's what I ended up with...

Page One...


Page Two...


Page Three...


Page Four...


Page Five...


Page Six...


Page Seven...


So, the question now in my mind is, "Am I happy with these?..  And did I learn anything?"....  I feel happy with them, but not happy in that I know I did not learn enough, just yet, by how I did them. Jennibellie has extended this project with a bonus project to make MORE backgrounds, so I am all over this! More about that soon....   

Meanwhile, it's been a long time, and I thought I'd take part in Wednesday Hodgepodge, with From This Side of The Pond.  

1.  Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it is also National Game and Puzzle Week.  What game have you played most recently, and who were you with?  Have you worked a puzzle at all in the last week?

Answer:  I played Don't Break The Ice with my kids at church..  I work with preschool children; so honestly, I'm putting the game back together for 95% of the time.  After the kids pay no mind to rules and taking turns too well yet, they are just breaking the ice in practically NO time, because it just seems like that's the thing to do!...
  

Still, I'm happy to take the game out every time they ask, because it makes them laugh, and in turn, it makes ME laugh!...  As for puzzles, I haven't had the time to do any lately, and they're not something I look to do very often, for whatever reason.

2.  What is one place you were thankful for this year?

Answer:  Personal, but I'll say "our stage at the park". 

3.  Take a nap, watch football, go for an after-dinner walk, or hit the stores...  Which ONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving Day?

Answer:  Watch football, of course, but not too much!  Time spent just talking with family is much more important!

4.  Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home-cooked meal?

Answer:  I'm not sure how to interpret this question..  As I question if this means another holiday meal?...  Then it would be Christmas Dinner, I guess.  But otherwise, as what my favorite every-night type of home cooked meal?  Then, I would say homemade macaroni and cheese..  with meatloaf... with my boyfriend!

5.  What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?

Answer:  Anything AGE DEFYING!!

6.  Christmas shopping..  Have you begun?..  Finished?  Will you shop on Black Friday?  How do you feel about stores open on Thanksgiving Day?..  What percentage of your shopping is done online?

Answers:  Yes, I've begun.  No, I am definitely NOT finished.  I don't know if I'll shop on Friday, as I guess I would more likely shop on the weekend...  I do NOT like that stores are open on Thanksgiving.  Shame on the stores for putting business above anyone's FAMILY!!!...  And finally, as for what percentage I shop online?  I would guess maybe about 50%.  It has increased in years, as it's so much EASIER, with no worries about gasoline usage and holiday traffic!

7.  What are you most grateful for, that adds beauty to your everyday life?

Answer:  I had to think about this for a minute, but what comes to mind is simply a smile.  I love to see a smile on my kids' faces, my boyfriend's face, or on anyone's face!  It might be contentment, joy, gratitude, or something funny that comes across in a smile; but whatever the reason, it always warms my heart..  And to me, that is beautiful!

8.  Insert random thought here....

I've forever been a big fan of the Peanuts, and their creater, Charles Schultz.  


His birthday was on November 26th, 1922, so I just wanted to remember him on this day!  I didn't dare miss this year's showing of It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown; and I am all ready to set out the popcorn and jellybeans tonight for A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving!  Thank you, Charles Schultz, for all the smiles you still bring to me!

Thanks to Joyce for hosting
Hodgpodege Wednesday!
And my thanks to everyone for stopping by today..
Wishing you all a blessed, and 
very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



   

6 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm a big Peanuts fan too. The messages are timeless and sweet. I just told hubs we would be watching the Thanksgiving special this evening too. Enjoy your turkey day!

Nonnie said...

Another preschooling lady! I will check out the Break the Ice game. I like page four. Laughter is good medicine.
Thanks die visiting my little blog. :-)
(And you're right. Talking is more important than watching.)

Tori Leslie said...

Your mixed media pages are very neat. Lots of people seem to enjoy doing those.
BTW, I love playing with the kids in the nursery. It is true though, I'm constantly putting things together so they can take them apart.
Well, hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and so glad you visited my blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love what you have added to your pages! These are fabulous! And loved reading more about you!!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such a lovely post, Tina! I always enjoy reading your comments and hearing what you've been up to. So glad you are still getting a chance to work on some of your art journal pages... even with your busy schedule. Hope you had a very wonderful Thanksgiving!

DebR said...

Beautiful work on all! I noticed on one of your tags you have a Julie Nutting stamp...I really like her stamps too.
Glad to see that you are a member of His Kingdom Come...so am I.