Friday, February 28, 2014

My First Timmy Tags!

Okay..  I'm not entirely sure Mr. Holtz would appreciate my calling him Timmy to his face, but I certainly hope he wouldn't mind me referring to my tags as I do!  In previous years, I've been reluctant to follow along with the 12 Tags of the Year events, which he holds each year on his website, timholtz.com, only because I NEVER had ALL of the supplies he suggested.

But most recently, I was inspired by a very talented YouTube friend, HERE, who shared that she could make these tags, whether she had all the materials or not!  She proved she could adapt, improvise, and substitute her way around while still following the basic gist of the theme/techniques for the month!  So impressed, I said to myself, "Why not me, then?!  I guess I can still join in, make some tags, and learn what I can from the master, right?!"  Being the end of February already, I figured I'd better get moving then! So, here are my Timmy Tags for January and February 2014...


January's tag called for a good number of supplies I didn't have; the biggest being the pocket watch and circle dies.  But you may recall how I've made my own pocket watch before, HERE in THIS POST.  I recycled old foil seals from frosting tubs, peanut butter jars, etc., etc...   This one is a little smaller, and this time I used the "Gears" embossing folder, made by The Paper Studio, for the front of my pocket watch.


At the top is a safety pin with an old key I don't use anymore.  "Let's get this party started" is just a phrase I clipped out of a magazine.  The stamping is done with Close To My Heart "Capture the Date" stamps.  The background and edging of my tags were done with Tim Holtz distress inks, in vintage photo, and black soot. I'm really happy with how this turned out!!


Now, here is my Timmy Tag for February..


Again, I did not have all the suggested supplies.  I did use my Tim Holtz distress inks, but for the hearts background, I also used the leftover cardboard I had after punching all the hearts for the beads I made in my previous post!
  

It worked well, and I think I'll be saving it, to use for other projects too!  I love the quote I used..  ha! ha!.. from the movie, Gone With The Wind!  I thought it was perfect for two reasons; one, for Valentines Day, and two, because the Oscar Awards will be taking place soon.  Gone With The Wind is one of my all time FAVORITE movies, so I hand-wrote Rhett Butler's famous line with a white Stabilo pencil for that chalkboard look.  The heart is made from chipboard and glitter wrapping paper.  I added silver paint and stickles, and a silver ribbon at the top..  And I was done!


So that's all for now folks!..  Thank God it's Friday, and the weekend is almost here!  I plan to take down the Valentines Day decor all 'round the house, and I'll be replacin' it with all "me" St. Patrick's Day finest!

Thanks for stopping by today!  

6 comments:

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I really love your tag. Very creative. Love the style and the colors.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous!! And hehehehe to calling him Timmy!!!!

Emma Pearce said...

They are fabulous! I really love your designs they are really unique xxx

Shelia said...

Your tags are darling! I think Timmy would be proud of you. :) Thanks so much for popping in to see my little cow creamers.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Yarnjeannie said...

I admire your talent! Keep up the good work!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
I want to thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment!!

It is because of people like you that i decided to return to blogging and I will continue to post but maybe not as much...

Hugs,
Deb