Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Good To Be Back

So long since I last posted, I will just briefly explain that I had some very minor surgery than ran into some minor complication, which then resulted in a slow recovery.  No sooner was I feeling better, for maybe a day or two, then I came down with a real whopper of a cold; the worst, I'd say, I've had in years!  So, I'm just gonna knock on wood, and thank my lucky stars that, having fully recovered, all seems well again, and I can finally, whole-heartedly enjoy all the joy and magic that only Christmas can bring!

First, I'll begin by joining in on today's Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond.  A list of questions are provided, and my own list of answers are as follows...

1)  Do you believe in miracles?

Answer:  Yes.  I couldn't say for sure that I've personally experienced one, but I might classify my two beautiful children as miracles, yes?..   And there was one time, where my mother and I were in the car, crossing through an intersection at the same exact time that another car was crossing that same intersection. We both just held tight, and closed our eyes, not knowing what the next second or two would bring; and yet just a fleeting moment after, we were absolutely puzzled and shocked to realize the two cars never hit.  We had actually made it through that intersection without a dent or a scratch!  We immediately pulled over, while the other car just sped away, and we both just sat there, wondering how it was possible?..  how we survived it?!  It definitely FELT like a miracle to us!

2)  What's a recent fad you admit to trying?

Answer:  When I think of fads, my minds visualizes two things.  Fashion fads, and then toy/collectible types of fads.  In the way of fashion fads, the first thing that came to mind is really an old fad.  I have long hair, so I often wear it up, depending on whatever task at hand, or environment at the time, and/or any particular special occasion...  While it may now be considered a major fashion faux-pas, you'll still catch me wearing a scrunchie every now and then.  I like them.  I make them..  And I don't live in Manahattan, so I'm still gonna wear them!



Another fad that came to mind was a toy...  Well, a doll.  I collect dolls, so when I first heard about the big Monster High doll craze, I checked them out, and absolutely loved them.  I had to have one!


So I found the one I liked most, I purchased her, and I still think she's just the cutest!  Honestly, I'd like another one, but I forgot to ask Santa!  (wink, wink!)

3)  Peppermint:  Are you a fan?  If so, what's your favorite peppermint food or beverage?

Answer:  I really like both Junior Mints and York Peppermint Patties!  Yum!  I hope Santa fills my Christmas stocking with BOTH!!

4)  Break the ice, on thin ice, or cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)..  Which phrase have you run into most recently?

Answer:  My dog recently broke a milk glass vase of mine, so I would have to say he was walking on very thin ice at the moment!..   Funny thing is, he just sits there like it's no big deal, while the cat goes running in fear of what's next!  (Here you see all is forgiven, and we're out a short walk..  that is, BEFORE all the snow most recently arrived!)


5)  Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home?..  Are you still friends?

Answer:  I'm sure I have, but I can't remember a specific incident.  Guess that means it was no big deal, and forgiveness is divine, because I don't remember losing any friendships over it!

6)  'Tis the week before Christmas!  Are you feeling more like Buddy The Elf, or like The Grinch before his
heart grew?

Answer:  Despite the typical stress that tight schedules and finances bring this time of year, I think I'm definitely feeling more like Buddy The Elf!  "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"

7)  Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas...

Answer:  "I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."...    "God bless us, every one."  ~Charles Dickens

8)  Insert random thought?...

Answer:  Well, the weather 'round here is frightful!  Just over the weekend we recieved a whopping 12" of snow, but we managed to make it to church, after which members of all ages were invited to make gingerbread houses!  This was so much fun, and I took lots of pictures, but here's just one..


We had a dentist appointment to go to yesterday; and as four inches of snow was falling on an already-fallen 12 inches of snow, the roads were a nightmare!!!  But we survived them, and are safely back enjoying the comforts of home again, I'm very happy to say!  In my spare time, I am baking, still decorating, and of course Christmas crafting.  While watching my favorite Christmas movies at night, I set myself up with my newest favorite holiday cup of tea...


And then I work on crocheting several pairs of slippers, intended for Christmas gifts...


I found the pattern for Crocodile Stitch Boots a little difficult at first, but came to understand the pattern better in time.  Above are the pairs I'm working on so far.  I think they're coming out cute, and I hope everyone likes them.  Once they're all finished, I'll add the buttons, wrap them up, and put them under the tree!

Thanks to Joyce for hosting Wednesday Hodgepode!


And thanks to YOU for stopping by today!  
Here's hoping you're bursting with Christmas spirit, 
and that you're truly enjoying this 
most wonderful time of the year!



10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good to see you around again. Sorry your were ill, take good care of yourself! Hugs, Valerie

Debi Y. said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Have a great day. :)

Faith said...

Lucy, so glad to hear you are on the mend and back to the neighborhood. Wishing you & your family a wonderful Merry Christmas, and a very Happy New Year.....stop by for some nut roll, and a cuppa and conversation...bring your hook we'll carve out an hour or three and have some friend time....:)

Ethyl

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad you are feeling better!!! I loveeeeeee those slippers you made!!!!!

Joyce said...

Sorry you've had some health issues, and glad to hear you're on the mend. I love the gingerbread houses! We used to do them every year when my girls were little. And maybe when they were big too : ) Happy Christmas!

The Old Parsonage said...

I was wondering where you were, hopefully you got my e-mail. glad that you are mending now. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Leann

Audrey Pettit said...

So sorry to hear of your recent bout of ill health, Tina, and your set back after surgery. Glad everything is better in time for the holidays. Love your sweet post! Happy holidays!

June said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better now, and sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time of it. I hope that you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

JMS said...

So, so happy you are feeling better again! Santa just rode the fire truck down our street and his helper was dressed like an elf! Of course, I had to stand on the porch to watch!

Audrey Pettit said...

I do so hope you and yours had a very blessed and merry Christmas, Tina! And here's wishing you a very happy new year ahead!