Friday, November 1, 2013

A November Daily?

Have you ever heard of a December Daily?  It is a sort of scrapbook/journal, where one scraps and records any thoughts, events, and maybe any quotes/verses for the day, each day of December; and then, if possible, one would add at least one photo for that day.  I've seen where every day was done up to either Christmas Day, or to done right to the end of the month, leading to the new year.

But in this case, for THIS month, I will be joining Robyn, at Injoy Stampin' with Robyn, in making a Thirty Days of Thankfulness Journal.  (See related video HERE.)  Robyn's idea is to make her own in a style much like Project Life; but she encourages you to join her in this endeavor, using whatever style/format and techniques you prefer...   So, I've decided to alter an old, neglected cookbook that never really proved to be helpful to me over a number of years, and I'll be treating it much like a November Daily, rather than a December Daily. I went about prepping my hard-cover book following THIS VIDEO.  (And it's not too late, I might add, to start one yourself if you'd like!)


I'm so inspired by Robyn, to start this project; and now I'm just gathering up some seasonal papers and supplies, so that I can get started for today, November 1st.  I hope to include as many photos as possible, along with journaling, quotes, Bible verses, and an entry of how I'm grateful for each of the thirty days of the month ahead!  By the 30th, I hope to end up with a beautifully finished journal; one that I can find joy in setting out on my coffee table every November, to treasure the memories, and to remember all our blessings!


Thanks for stopping by today!
   

10 comments:

Terri D. said...

What a nice idea!! I hope to see some updates about the project!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Can't wait to see what you create!!!!!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely idea, have fun, and looking forward to seeing it when it is done! Hugs, Valerie

Kristina said...

That's a really neat idea. I'd join, but I am writing for National Novel Writing Month, and I am a bit behind this time.

The Old Parsonage said...

How fun! I'd love to do this but I'm at overflow capacity already:)

Enjoy your blessings!

xo
Leann

Faith said...

Lucy! I do hope you are on the mend soon. I'm making some fresh bread today, I'll bring you up a loaf, and if you feel up to we can chit chat..
And a cold too, we've that around our place too, it is passing slowly,
Homemade chicken soup is in order, will fix you right up. I made some of that last week too, and I have some left in the freezer..I'll bring that too. You are one of my "original" blogger buddy neighbors, and it has been a pleasure to know you too. I'm glad we met, and who knows maybe one day, we'll bump into each other somewhere, probably the craft store. Take care looking forward to hearing again from you.
Ethyl

glor said...

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving ... I cannot wait to see this journal, yours are always amazing and I'm sure this will be no exception ... actually, I'm sure this will be super amazing. Hope all is well ... blessings.

Yarnjeannie said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been under the weather, Tina. I hope you are recovering nicely now, though.

I am looking forward to reading more posts on your blog.

thank you for you kind words on my blog. I know all will work out - in my heart that is. Sometimes it's hard to wrap my head around it though.

Take care,
Jeanne

The Old Parsonage said...

hi tina

hope that all is well and that you are just too busy Christmasing to post.

Big Hugs and Merry Christmas!

Leann

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Just wanted to thank you for your recent visit!! I hope you will stop by for my Christmas Home Tour...

Hugs,
Deb