Saturday, October 5, 2013

Making Cards

Today is 

There are a LOT of birthdays on my calendar this month, and having heard about this card-making event from Audrey Pettit's Weblog, I thought it was a good time to work on some myself!  


I started by making my own card backgrounds simply by using a basic splattering technique I saw on a YouTube video, HERE.  It was fun actually, feeling like a kid at play, just throwing and splashing paint around, like not a care in the world as to where it landed!  (Of course, I had my surroundings completely covered in newspaper.  I don't remember getting any on my clothes.)...   So having finished that step, and all the cards are dry now, I just did a little stamping and fussy-cutting, and now I'm pulling out all my buttons, ribbons, washi tapes, and bling to embellish them...  I'm really having FUN with these!

Thanks for stopping by, 
and I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! I'm SO glad I inspired you to create some cards today for World Card Making Day! And these are really beautiful, Tina! LOVE that background you created. I can so picture you happily splashing all that paint around!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

great cards are this!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely cards, the tiles are in my kitchen are still mottled from the last time I played like this! Have a good weekend! Hugs, Valerie

Terri D. said...

Very nice!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are beautiful! LOVING the cakes!!!

Sue McPeak said...

Hello Blogging Friend...Isn't it nice to have cooler weather now that 'Fall' is here.   The changing season isn't the only thing happening in Blogland.  Here on CollectInTexas Gal, I've done a bit of a 'MakeOver' and added a BlogShop.   I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you over for a 'LookSee'.  Just click on the signature link below...hope to see you there.
Sue CollectInTexas BlogShop

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

yo make some beautiful cards Tina, I love to look at them. Isn't You Tube wonderful? They can teach you to do anything. I always refer to them when I want to learn how. Are you really for Halloween? ~~Debb

The Old Parsonage said...

They are darling! Love the smiling birthday cake image!!!

Enjoy your week sweet Friend!

Leann

Sandy said...

Looks like you're having way too much fun making cards, such a nice variety. I tend to me pretty anti-paper so have stirred away from that hobby........plus where would I put my stash since the yarn is everywhere? lol

Sandy's Space