Monday, October 14, 2013

Face the Challenge

Inspiration Avenue posted a challenge based on the theme, Faces.  All were invited to present a face in any way or medium one was artistically inclined to...   So here is the face that I painted in my art journal.


I've seen faces done this way with hair done in flowers, but not yet in Autumn leaves, so I was inspired to give it a try!  At first I thought I would use a leaves type of stencil for the hair, but I changed my mind and went with foam stamps instead.  I really had my doubts that this would come out nice at ALL, but actually, I feel pleasantly surprised!  I'm very happy with this!

for the inspiration this week...


and thank YOU for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work. I made a face with autumn leaves hair a few weeks back, it was pretty, too. Hugs, Valerie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! This is amazing! LOVING the leaves!!!!!

Terri D. said...

Very nice! I love the leaves for hair, and your idea for the stamps was right on! Thanks for sharing!

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

She is beautiful Tina. She reminds me of the Green Man I see a lot. What a unique creative masterpiece. Take care now. Marion x

crochetwithtamara said...

Very pretty Tina! Thanks for sharing. Love and Hugs, Tamara

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fantastic!

would fix the new AJJ theme too...

xxx
Susi

Melody Brown said...

Oh Wow that is really good.

BEAR's Mom said...

I love your take on the theme. it's a gorgeous face and your writing is so nice :)
thanks for stopping by.
BEAR hugs,
victoria!

The Old Parsonage said...

Love it Tina - you mt friend have such a creative way. Watching FB with Mr OP and surfing blogs!!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, that is just sooo cool, Tina! I LOVE that sentiment, and what a gorgeous lady! The leaves for hair is brilliant!

Sandy said...

That's very cool, and quite creative.

They call it Mellow Yellow