Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Life's Like a Movie

..Write your own ending.  
Keep believing.  Keep pretending.


In memory of Jim Henson 
(1936-1990)

(from google images)

I've always been a fan; from the time I was just a little kid watching Sesame Street, all the way to now, where just recently, I was walking through a grocery store, and when, quite suddenly, something catches my eye... 


(Gasp!)  Oh my gosh, my heart begins to race, and in no time at all I am seizing the three Pez candy dispensers, all made in the likeness of The Muppets, and all which were hanging on a display at the end of the aisle..


Yes, these were mine-all-mine now, and into the cart they went, to be brought home and added to my Muppet collection...   my own personal homage to Jim Henson, and all the Muppet characters I still love so very much.

Since then, I found some Muppet stickers for sale online.  I was sure I could put them to good use...


...in hand-written cards or letters, in my art journal, or right in my personal planner.


I love how this week looks!..  And that's largely what Jim Henson was all about!  His hope was to "leave the world a bit better than when I got here".  He was an optimist.  

"I've always tried to present a positive view of 
the world in my work.  It's so much easier to be 
negative and cynical and predict doom for the 
world, than it is to try and figure out how to make 
things better.  We have an obligation to do the latter."

Jim was so right about that!  We are blessed to be given every single day we live and breathe.  Why then be miserable?  In gratitude alone, we should put on a smile as soon as our feet hit the floor in the morning!..  Well, o.k...  as soon as we've had our first cup of coffee!  Smell the aroma, savor the taste..  Live in the moment!  And as for me, a prayer can be as short and simple as six words...  Thank you, God, for this day. 

And thank you, Jim Henson, 
for all the smiles you continue to give to me..
forever just a big kid at heart!


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love JIM!!!! They are coming out with the next Muppets movie soon!! Ma nah ma nah!! :)

Beansieleigh said...

Hey Julie!.. Now see? I always KNEW how COOL YOU ARE!!! ((hugs)) ~tina

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, what a wonderful post, Tina! I love, love the fact that you appreciate each and every moment as much as you can....just like Jim Henson. This just makes me smile. LOVE how you used the stickers in your day planner. That is adorable. I totally love the muppets, too. I got to see an original Kermit on display at the Smithsonian this past summer. One of the highlights of my visit. :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Well put Tina!!!

Love how your week looks too!!! I'm taking your advice to heart <3

xo

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The Muppets Christmas Carol is my favorite Christmas movie and that is where I got the name of my blog! :)