Wednesday, September 18, 2013

It's Rednesday!..

And I am happy to be joining Melody, over at Brown Gingham Creations, for this event!  You may remember that this event was once hostessed by Sue, over at It's A Very Cherry World; but she decided to pass the honor of this position on, and Melody has graciously accepted this exciting and new opportunity!

Congrats and Best Wishes to you, Melody!  Wednesdays have been nice, but they sure look a whole lot better now, all dressed in red, and I look forward to participating as often as I can! 

Well, events, such as they've come and gone in the past couple of weeks, have provided me with a good number of red things to share today, I think; so lets get started, shall we?!...  First up are a couple of things I picked up at a big neighborhood garage sale I went to on the weekend of September 7th.  Here you can see where I marked the day, in my weekly Franklin Covey planner/diary, decorated this week with red apples...


We had beautiful weather that day, and I came home with a good number of treasures..  (ahem)..  All of which I NEEDED, of course!  (she says with a grin!)   First up, I got this beautiful pair of  red cardinals, a salt -n- pepper set!


As soon as I saw them, I couldn't grab them up quick enough!  These will be so pretty on my dining room table, all winter long!  (gasp!..  Oh, but PLEASE!  Let's not talk about THAT kind of weather just yet!  I'm just so happy to welcome Fall!  It will be here, officially, very soon now!)

My next red item, which I found this same day, was this record album!  I'm dating myself here, but does anyone else remember this musical comedy team, The Smothers Brothers?...  (See the red balloon, the red wagon, the red door, the red scooter?..  "See Dick's red shirt?")


I love to pick up old albums, every now and then, most especially if they bring back fond memories, and I do remember sitting in front of the t.v., seeing The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour, giggling and laughing, before Mom sent us kids on our way to bed for the night.  Just looking at the title of this album, I knew I had to have it!..  I played it one night, recently, and I really liked it!  It was a fun combination of both music and comedy!

Oh, but moving on, I'm afraid, to a  more serious topic...  September 11, 2013 marked the 12th anniversary of a very sad day in our nation's history.  We all have our memories of where we were and how we felt at the time;  but in memory of the events that happened that day, I put together this collaged red, white, and blue art journal spread... 


My heart and prayers go out to all the surviving family and friends of those whose lives were lost that day.  We will never forget.

Well, chin back up...  Nothing like a good wine-tasting festival to perk our spirits back up a little!


We went to the annual Wine and Apple Fest this year, after having such a great time last year!  We had so much fun, going from table to table, vendor to vendor, tasting all the wonderful wines and cheese that were to be found there!  We enjoyed seeing all the other sites and exhibits at the fest as well, such as a circus exhibit, a quilt show, a car show, farm animals (I got to feed the baby goats!), live music, etc., etc.!   Even in the crowds, such as they were, we were pleasantly surprised to run into family and friends too!  Here you see me standing in the middle, wearing (ahem) green, but Dear Friend, and Dear Daughter, are both wearing some red for the event; and we all are holding this year's official wine glasses given to each of us upon presenting our tickets (or bracelets, actually!) at the entrance!...   Well, after all was said and done that day, my favorite wine this year was this one... 


This is the bottle I brought home; a red, blackberry-flavored wine, not too sweet, called Bobsled Red, made by Glenora Wine Cellars.  Dear Daughter liked this one too!..  And how appropriate it now is to share with you today!  Here..  Give me your glass.  I'll pour you some!.. 

(Your ARE 21, right?!  Just checking!)

And now, for my last red item of the day, I just recently finished crocheting this Hello Kitty hat!


In white, with red accents, I had fun making this one; and after making minion hats for everyone else lately, this one's mine all mine!  This was a nice, easy pattern to follow, but I admit I had to rip mine out a couple of times.  I just couldn't stand the very obvious line left by joining rows on this one, and so I chose to crochet in rounds, using markers as I went along...


If you like this, and think you might want to try making one yourself, you can find the pattern right HERE, posted by Liz, at Crochet In Color.

And thus concludes my collection of reds for the week!
Thanks to Melody for hosting this event;
And thanks to YOU for stopping by today!
Happy Rednesday everyone!

   

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of cheery reds there! Have a good week, Valerie

Marianne said...

Hello Beansie,

Oh, I like your reds. My father loved cardinals, so I think of him every time I see one. I do so like your salt/pepper shakers.

The 9/11 memorial is very nice. I remember at the time someone saying that almost every person either lost a family member, a friend or someone they know in that tragedy. Shortly afterward I learned that my mother's first cousin lost his 23 year old son in the towers. I realized how true that statement was.

On to happier things, thank you for sharing your lovely reds. I, love to crochet, also, so I tip my hat to yours.

Blessings for a very red, happy day,

Marianne

Chatty Crone said...

We miss you on Hodgepodge Wednesdays but I love Red too! sandie

Melody Brown said...

I am so happy to see you this week
Happy Rednesday! You made some great finds,but the best I think is the Smother's Brothers. You must be a little younger than me cause I got to watch the whole show then to bed. Maybe it was during the Summer..I got to stay bup later then. 8)








Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING the photos!!!! That Hello Kitty is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Andria said...

Fun post! I love the peek into your planner...I am on a planner kick right now. Lovely spread to commemorate September 11, too.

Donna said...

Hi, Beansie,
Love the red bird s&p's. Looks like you had great fun at the wine tasting, too.
D

crochetwithtamara said...

Hi Tina!

I love all the things you have been making and of course I especially love your Hello Kitty hat! Thanks so much for sharing YOU! Have a great day.

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Debi Y. said...

Hi Beansie. I love the cardinal salt n pepper set - I should try to find a pair for my table. Cardinals visit the bird feeders on my front porch and they sure are pretty birds. Love the Hello Kitty hat - very cute. Have a good day. :)

Bohemian said...

You have such a great sense of Humor! Thank you for coming by for a Blog Visit and introducing yourself. You made me laugh about the creepy doll and horse head comments. If it comforts you any the doll parts are usually Sourced in that condition, probably Antique Doll Part Rescue attempts for those damaged beyond repair. I have a Passion for Salvage Rescue myself, those things that are no longer pristine and could be derelict and decrepid enough that most would consider them to no longer have Purpose or Value and discard them... I still find beauty in their intrisic value regardless of damage or how much of them remains. I'm just Happy that none of the parts of these Old Dollies was just thrown out and ended up in some Landfill. But for those who are Doll Collectors I can certainly understand how it could be quite disturbing! And thus your sense of Humor about relaying that the way you did made me Smile.
So good to meet you and Thank You for Supporting my Blog, I Hope you came away with a Smile too and/or some Inspiration?

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian