Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn is Here!

Happy First Day of Fall! 

Recently I've seen various projects done with puzzle pieces, and I've been trying my hand at a couple of them so far..


But here's just one for today.  I found the inspiration to just play in my art journal from That Artist Woman, Gail!


I found some odd lot puzzle games and pieces at local yard and rummage sales, and picked them up for next to nothing really.  But what a great way to recycle old puzzles with missing pieces!  No need to throw them out!  How much nicer it is to create beautiful new things with them, if you can!  

I started off by painting a background in my art journal, and then I painted my tree, using acrylic paints and brown marker.  Next, I painted the puzzle pieces in various fall colors, again, in acrylic paints.  Then I simply glued them to my pages; some on the tree, and some fallen to the ground.

(quote by Ilan Shamir, Advice From A Tree)

This was a very quick and easy project to do one night, with a glass of wine, and just while just watching some t.v...  But the pages held more meaning to me as I added the quote, and I was now very happy with the whole spread!  

For those of you who babysit, or have kids or grandkids of your own..  What a fun project this would be to do with them, wouldn't it?!

Thanks so much to Gail, That Artist Woman, for 
sharing the inspiration and tutorials that she does!...
And thank YOU for stopping by today!  
Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend!

                                                         

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

That is really cute! Plus I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. Just stopping by and saying hello. Have a good weekend. sandie

The Old Parsonage said...

Love it Tina! It's supposed to go down to 43 tonight - love it!!!

Zucchini bread is in the oven:)

Have a great week!

Gail Bartel said...

Awesome! Love the pairing with the poem. That's something we can incorporate at school, thanks so much for your kind words, the link, and the LA idea!

crochetwithtamara said...

Very cool idea Tina! Love and Hugs, Tamara

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun project! Totally love using those puzzle pieces for leaves!