Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge ~Simplify

Here's my next Wednesday Hodgepodge post, hosted by Joyce at From This Side Of The Pond.  The questions and my answers went as follows....

1)  The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week.  What's one thing you could do this week to qualify as a participant.

Answer:  Well, for one big change I'll be making, I have caught the Filofax bug that I've been seeing left and right around Blogland, and on YouTube.  Filofax is a name brand for a number of planners, organizers, bags, briefcases, and various other stationery or office-type products; but the way I see and hear it, the latest buzz is not meant to be limited to just this one brand name.  While I'd love to own a filofax product someday, I've most recently started simplifying my life by the use of a Day Runner planner.


I already see an improvement in how I manage my time, and how I remember and prepare for upcoming events.


This month, my own brother will be getting the first birthday card he's gotten from ME in YEARS!  He doesn't buy them for me either, but that's not to say I feel good about it, or justified now for ignoring the occasion.  All I know now is that it just feels good that he'll know I love him, and I'm thinkin' about him this time around, and I think that's a very good thing!...

In the meantime, I'll be replacing the Day Runner with a new planner soon.  The binder rings on this one are simply WAY too small for my purposes; so now I'll be switching to a Franklin Covey planner, which has much bigger rings to hold all "my stuff"!!..  Oh, because this won't be just any planner, you have to understand.  Simple notes, reminders, and checking off lists would never hold my attention!  What keeps planning and organizing much more fun, instead of a chore, is that there are elements of journaling and scrapbooking here!  This makes the task much more interesting, personalized, and definitely keeps me coming back!  I'll be posting more about this later! 

2)  This month is also National Peach Month!.. Peach pie, peach cobbler, or please pour me a bellini?..  What's your peach pleasure?

Answer:  To be honest, I only like to eat fresh peaches.  Otherwise, I don't like anything else remotely peach-flavored!

3)  Eleanor Roosevelt once wrote, "Do one thing everyday that scares you."  Agree, or disagree?

Answer:  My gosh, I thought I already did that...   every time I enter my son's bedroom!!  Really..  Can't you hear the screams from where you are?!... 

4)  What's your favorite household chore?

Answer:  Gee-eeeeee, I can't think of ONE that I could call a favorite!...  How 'bout running errands?  It may be just to grab a gallon of milk, or a package of paper towels, or to send payment for a bill at my local post office...   Whatever the case, no matter the reason..  I just enjoy stepping out of the house now and then, catching some sunshine, and taking in the beautiful fresh air!

5)  Fodors recently listed (what they've dubbed) the ten most beautiful sunsets in America.  If you could choose to watch the sun set from one of these places, which would it be?

Answer:  Well, I guess this is my opportunity to dream BIG!  I'd say Hawaii!

6)  What's your favorite, or most used app?  If you don't use apps, then what is your favorite, or most visited website?

Answer:  I don't use apps, so I would say the website I visit most might be Pinterest.

7)  We have just recently passed the halfway mark for the year 2013.  Write a seven-word sentence that sums up your year so far.

Answer:  I am truly blessed at all times!

8)  Insert random thought:  On the topic of simplicity, I thought the following quote was really nice...

"Each day, awakening, are we asked to paint the sky blue?  Need we coax the sun to rise or flowers to bloom?  Need we teach birds to sing, or children to laugh, or lovers to kiss?  No, though we think the world imperfect, it surrounds us each day with its perfections.  We are asked only to appreciate them, and to show appreciation by living in peaceful harmony amidst them.  The Creator does not ask that we create a perfect world;  He asks that we celebrate it!"   ~Robert Brault

Thanks to Joyce for hosting this event,
and thanks to all for stopping by today!


11 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I only eat fresh peaches too! I think each we face in this world is scary enough. Yes stepping out of the house to run errands can be fun sometimes. I L.O.V.E. Pinterest. Had fun playing with your cat.....

Kristina said...

I just canned peach jam. My family loves it. I love Franklin Covey supplies. They're the best for organizing.

Valerie-Jael said...

Great post! Fresh fruit is always the best! Hugs, Valerie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such a fun post!!!

Chatty Crone said...

You don't like peaches - what is wrong with you girl? lol

CATHY said...

Simplify is my word for 2013 - you reminded me I need to revisit why I picked this word - thanks : )

Joyce said...

Have you seen the Erin Condren planners...I love them! Google her..they're so pretty and can be personalized in a lot of different ways.

Rita Barakat said...

I totally need to invest in a planet I have Ben using google and for some resin I haven't Ben able to get in there all week! Now I am scrambling! And I love peach anything!!!

Leann said...

I've used a day planner for years - I just created my own for next year out of a smash book. I'll have to see how it works.

I love peach anything - making peach cobbler tomorrow. And a peach bellini? Yum!!

Faith said...

Lucy, I thought the same thing, I don't know if it is a typo or what..I went to micheals, they had two sizes, I bought the smaller of the round ones. They had some on display, and I chose the one more to the size of a tree ornament. I'm not at home now, but will get back to you with the size I bought. The video tutorial is more clear then the directions as written I thought, there may be some discrepancies. I started one over and over and over and finally went to the video, and I got it to work somewhat. I frogged it and will begin again.

missy k said...

I enjoyed reading this post!

I love doing errands... I really like to cross things of a list!

Thanks for visiting

Karen x