1) Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid 1800s, and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard?.. When did you last receive one? Do you save them? Do you collect/send them when you travel?
Answer: I do not travel very often, but if I did, I would buy a few, just to save for my scrapbook. Oftentimes, certain events/attractions will not allow flash photography, so there's an example of when I would buy one. Otherwise, no, I do not send them.. EVER, now that I think of it... Meanwhile, I'm trying to remember when I received my last postcard, and I would have to say it was probably in the form of some invitation to a Tupperware party, or something like that. If someone sent me one from their travels abroad, then I'm sure I would save it.. But honestly, it seems handwritten correspondence has become so rare in this day and age... sad as that may be; but then again, it seems that journaling has gained so much popularity and momentum, that perhaps it now fills that void, somehow... Ya think?
2) What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
3) Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Ha! Ha! Ha! Who?.. Me?!! NO! Absolutely NOT!! My facial expressions will ALWAYS give me away! Dear Daughter thinks she has inherited that trait as well!!... In fact, I really don't like getting my picture taken too much; so when someone does, I may be smiling, but that one eyebrow of mine goes right up, as if to say, "Are you done?.. Did you take the darn picture yet?!" So funny! I TRY to remember NOT to DO that!!!... (But here are a couple of nice enough, HAPPY expressions, I think, of Dear Daughter and me, while we were celebrating the 4th of July, and watching the fireworks, out on my sister's boat...)
(See?!.. Look at my right eyebrow. There it goes!)
4) Does your own town, city, or county still deliver phone books to your home? Do you still use the yellow pages, or do you refer to the internet now, when searching for a local business number?
Answer: Yes, I still use the yellow pages... I just need my darned eyeglasses to SEE them!!
5) Would you rather be first or last?
Answer: Tough question! To be first, I could prove more to, and about, myself than I realize....
But to be last, I wouldn't have to be so big and brave.. going where no man has gone!.. And I could learn from others' mistakes, if there were any. So-ooo....
Well, I can't lie. I wish I could say I'd like to be a true leader.. a trail blazer... To be "first", in this perspective... I AM a Mom, so I HAVE to have SOME leadership qualities by now!.. But in other aspects, I honestly think you could find me at either side of that fence.
6) July is National Parks and Recreation Month in America.. Where and when were you last in a park. Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
Answer: We have a local-neighborhood park we can go to, but once a year my family goes to a NY State park, where we can picnic and swim in the lake, feed the seagulls, roast marshmallows.. I LOVE it! Can't wait to go again this year!
7) What was one of your worst ideas?
Answer: To marry my second husband!
And there you have it!...
THAT didn't take me too long to answer, now did it?!
(We are now divorced.)
8) Insert random thought here?... Well, moving on to a lighter, happier topic... Most of my regular visitors and friends might remember that I am a 4th generation rooster collector!.. Most, if not all, of my roosters can be found in my kitchen. Just this past week, my father took Dear Son and me to The Tractor Store (Tractor Supply Co.), and look what he bought for me!!! See that little hammock hanging to the right of my kitchen window?
(Yup, dishes in the drainer.. Just keepin' it REAL!)
I saw it, and loved it, but didn't pick it up. I am definitely one who would rather wait till it goes "on sale". I just have to muster up every ounce of restraint, and walk away!.. But there was only one left, and my father figured it might be gone if I didn't take it now, so he bought it for me! And as it turned out, this little character actually WAS on sale, so both Dad and I were happy!... Here, take a closer look...
Wish this picture was a little sharper than it is, but isn't he just the CUTEST?!! His cowboy hat off, and just kickin' back on this lazy day of Summer... maybe listening to some George Straight, or Alan Jackson on the radio, and taking in whatever cool breeze Mother Nature is offering!!!... (Yup.. all by my kitchen window! Life is good!)
Thanks to Joyce for hosting Wednesday Hodgepodge..
and thanks to YOU for stopping by today!