Monday, July 1, 2013

Pinned It, Made It! Monday ~Week46~

I love Pinterest because I can be inspired a million different ways, all in one place!  Pinned It, Made It! Monday, hosted by Tammy, at Country Girl At Home, is a fun event where everyone can share how they were inspired most by a Pinterest pin, or pins, in the past week!  This time around, I was most inspired by recipes!

One pin I tried out was for Starbucks Lemon Loaf, to which I was led to On Sutton Place for the recipe.  The only thing I switched up, at the suggestion of a friend, was a half a cup of lemon yogurt in place of the half a cup of oil.


Mine had a pound cake kind of texture, and had a nice flavor to it.  I was very happy with how it came out, and Dear Son likes it too!  I would say this recipe is a keeper!

Now, you all know how much I love to bake, but the summertime heat won't often allow.  So when I saw this next recipe, for Amaretto Coffee Creamer No Bake Cookies, at Crazy for Crust, I pinned it myself, and was all for giving it a try!


No need to fire up the oven for this cookie, however the recipe does call upon using the stove top.  So, I just turned on my ceiling fan, and even with this current heatwave we've been enduring, I was o.k.!  The amount of time cooking was not long at all, and the final results were delicious!!  Trying to watch my calories, it was hard limiting myself to just one or two at a time, and I would definitely make these again!

Thanks to Tammy for hosting Pinned It, Made It! Monday,
and thanks to YOU for stopping by today!


7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

It all looks sooooo yummy! Hugs, Valerie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Both just made my mouth water! Pinterest is a wonderful place, isn't it?

Thanks for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday! I appreciate you!

Have a great evening and a wonderful week ahead!

Blessings,
Tammy

crochetwithtamara said...

Oh my gosh Tina those desserts look soooo yummy! Stay cool my friend. Love and Hugs, Tamara

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

The lemon yogurt in place of the oil was a great and healthy substitute in your lemon loaf. Must lower the calories considerably. Sounds so good too.

Those no-bake cookies look very tempting :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yummmmmmmmmm!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love all the inspiration found on Pinterest. Both recipes look delicious!

Ariel said...

This does look yummy. I think I too should give it a try.
Thank you for your comment on my blog. The irises are part of the collage on the page. I just outlined them with white pen.
Susan