Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oh Baby, Wednesday Hodgepodge!

Time for another round of Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond.  Each week, participating bloggers, and their visitors, get to know each other just a little better by way questions and answers, and comparing the various responses always proves to be a great deal of fun!  So here goes...

1)  July 24th is Amelia Earhart's birthday.  Earhart is the first woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean.  What's something that you've recently accomplished solo?

Answer:  Most recently, I set my couch on bed-risers, by myself, so that I can store blankets and afghans in rolling plastic storage bins underneath it.  But it was a much heavier job than I thought it would be, and I'm just glad I'm not in traction for it now!..  Actually, I was worried that the couch might be setting too high now, but it's been o.k.!..  It's still comfortable, and no one has complained (if even they noticed!)...  Admittedly, however, the open space below the couch now LOOKS ridiculous, so I plan to sew a skirt to go around the bottom of the couch, to cover the open space, and THEN, I'll be much happier with the whole idea!

2)  What's a product you use, that never ever fails?

Answer:  Well, off the cuff...  And in the way of art-n-crafting, I love my E6000 glue!!  It's the best, and I really get nervous when it starts running low!

3)  Have you found your place in the world?  Where is it?

Answer:  Right smack in the middle of the Purses & Handbags department at Macy's, or Kohl's!!..  Heaven on Earth!

Ohhhh...  Sorry!...   You want an HONEST answer, do ya?   Well then, here it is...  My place, my heart, and all my love, will always be with my kids!  And THAT'S  THAT!

4)   What was the worst movie you ever saw?

Answer:  Spaceballs.   Love the actors, but I was NOT the least bit entertained, nor amused by this movie!  You couldn't PAY me to watch it again!

5)  What's the last fun thing you did?

Answer:  The kids and I all went out to lunch to celebrate Dear Son's birthday this week!   Dear Son-In-Law took this picture of me and my kids, when we got back home.


Looks like we ALL should have been wearing our sunglasses!..  But we had such a great afternoon together! And we'll actually be celebrating again, with extended family come the end of the week!

6)  The month of July is named for Roman emperor, Julius Caesar.  Ever been to Rome?  What's your favorite Italian dish?

Answer:  To Rome?...  NO.  My favorite Italian dish, however, is a toss up between spaghetti and meatballs, and homemade lasagna...  Mmmmmm!   Love them both!

7)  What is one piece of advice you'd give new mom, Kate Middleton?

Answer:  Savor every minute, and take LOTS of pictures!..  They grow up so fast!

8)  Insert Random Thought here:   Babies and birthdays...  This quote just touches my heart the most right now...

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."    
~Robert Munsch

Thank to Joyce for hosting Wednesday Hodgepodge,
and thank YOU for stopping by today!
  

16 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm thinking I'll be reminded of lots of bad movies I'd forgotten about until today. Cute family photo...happy birthday to your son!

Marla said...

I don't think Kate will have to take her own pictures of the little prince. The paparazzi will do that for her! ha!!

retired not tired said...

Finding storage under a couch is a great move. We just got a new couch that makes into a bed when company comes.

A Joyful Chaos said...

Love your answer for #3

Also love your blog header!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Rofl....on the purse answer. That just made me laugh. And here I don't even carry a purse anymore. I was approached by a man at a gas station once and he asked me for money...From then on, it became just my cellphone carrier and card.

edshunnybunny said...

Lots of good advice for Kate today!

I like your idea of making storage space under your couch!

Chatty Crone said...

I love seeing the pictures of the kids - adorable. And i have never seen Spaceballs. sandie

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I don't know how many times I've read that book, but I tear up every. single. time.

Happy birthday to your son!

Clairity said...

Love your answer to No.3, always good to know there's another shopaholic out there ;)

Laura Anne said...

Hadn't heard of that movie - but now noted to avoid it!

Patty said...

I have such a thing for purses too! Not shoes so much because I have to be comfortable when I walk and comfortable shoes aren't always the most attractive to buy. Thanks for visiting me. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loved reading more about you ... and I totally agree about Spaceballs!!!!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

such a nice post!

Sandy said...

She was an amazing woman, I don't even like traveling by myself. I get lost to darn easy and being lost makes me nervous.

Sandy's Space

Tracy said...

Great answers to these questions :)
Great picture of you and your children.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Fun reading this post and your thoughts! Really sweet photo of you are your kids too!

A joy stopping by to visit with you!
Kindly, Lorraine