This week's choice of colors were a little more subdued, compared to the red and yellow challenge... This week's suggested colors were sage and sepia. Here is the journal page I painted, while including these colors into my work, and with this final week in mind...
After a long, hot and humid day, I just wanted to turn on my t.v., set myself right *smack* in front of the fan, and then have FUN with this! I used sage green for the background, and then I went with small amounts of sepia in the artist's easel, and paint brush. I used lighter shades of brown from there; on the toad herself, and then on her artist's palette... Despite my amateur-level skills in painting, I think I "toad-ally" love how this came out!
In the meantime, I accomplished another small project, in the gradual course of my creating a craftroom. Yesterday, I hung up my ribbons!
I had a few different ideas in mind to display and organize them, but two factors swayed my decision most. Cost, and then accessibility. At the height I was placing the ribbons, I wanted the ease of seeing and dispensing them; so in my opinion, this was the best way to go. Here you see I used curtain rod supports.
I felt they did the least damage to the walls, but were still the right size, strength, and clearance space for the spools I'd be hanging. I used (2) 5/16" wooden dowels to set onto the hooks... and I used 4 hooks, for each dowel, to keep the dowels from slumping towards the middle. While it doesn't show well in the photo, I still have room for approximately 17 to 20 more spools of ribbon, so the two dowels seem to suit my needs. My total expense to set this up was $4.00, and then I still had room to set up a scrap piece of wood as a shelf underneath! The size of the wood was 35" x 3/4" x 3" deep (from front edge to wall).. Maybe it was floor/wall molding? I don't know, but it was free, and it was perfect for my purposes! I used 2 L-brackets, that I already had on hand, to hang it up. Then I transferred my 39 colorful little plastic storage containers, from the opposite wall, to this little shelf, and and it was a perfect fit! I can see everything through the clear containers. No need for labels!... I'm thinking on, and looking into, which colors of paint I'd like now, for both walls and furniture... taking appearances, necessities, and expenses into account. More on that eventually.
Never to limit (or should I say control) myself to just one project at a time, here I made up a small batch of paper magazine beads. I've got them all lined up and set to dry overnight...
And then here you see I'm now up to 6 balls of denim strips... wound and ready to go, for the denim rag rug I want to crochet. I'm really not sure how many balls to make, so perhaps I'll wind up about 4 more, and then start crocheting, to get a better idea.
Of course, the more rounds I crochet, the more rag strips I'll NEED. I have it in mind to make an oval-shaped throw rug approximately 36" long by 23" wide, to fit under the new island/table I just got for my kitchen. In time, by trial and error I guess, we'll just see how this goes, but I'm honestly very excited about this particular project!...
Thanks to Kristin for hosting The Summer of Color..
And thank YOU for stopping by today!
Keep cool!.. And hope you're enjoying the weekend!