Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July Scrappin'

Just a quick post, before I head to church today...   I don't have any photos processed yet to scrapbook with, but I did make a fold-out cover-flap for the holiday, for when I DO finally get some pictures to make a layout with...  Inspiration Avenue is hosting a patriotic challenge for anything done in red, white, and blue!
 

The stamped image is a Prima Mixed Media Doll stamp, designed by Julie Nutting.  It's my first chance, just to try this 7 and 1/2" stamp, and I have another stamp on the way via snail mail.  This one is done very simply with mostly colored pencils and some touches of marker, but there are many more ways I look forward to trying out, in the ways of design and details, for this little doll!  One great tutorial I found was HERE, in a video with Julie Nutting herself!  (She also shares how to make an Artsy Doll Banner!)


Hope everyone had a very Happy 4th of July, full of fun and happy memories..   OR just some well-earned rest and relaxation, whichever the case might have been!..

Thanks to Inspiration Avenue for hosting this event..


and thank YOU for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the girl and the coke tag!!

Kristina said...

I agree. The coke tag is so cute.

Chatty Crone said...

Beansie - I hope you had a great weekend! sandie

crochetwithtamara said...

I always love to see what you are up to. Thanks so much for sharing. Love & (((HUGS))), Tamara

Lou Anne said...

I like the way you incorporated the coke tag in with the collage. The different textures make it very interesting too.

Mindy said...

Fun!