Monday, June 3, 2013

Pinned It, Made it Monday!

Over the weekend, Dear Daughter and I did a little shopping at The Christmas Tree Shops, and we stumbled on some group/collage-type picture frames we've been keeping an eye open for, for very reasonable prices!   You see, we'd found this Pinterest project we've been wanting to try together; a dry-erase weekly calendar...  really cute, but most useful for keeping track of menus, appointments, and any other little notes or reminders.


Well, I had all the paper we could possibly need, so as soon as we got back to my place, I got it all out and ready to play with!  We made quite a mess, actually, choosing from all the various colors and patterns; but the project was fun and very easy to do. Dear Daughter was quicker than I was, putting one together..   She just knows what she wants right away, and I admit that I tend to fuss a little more;  but here's what we put together...


This was cute of Dear Daughter, I thought, but it's NOT the best picture of me, as it was so-ooooo hot and humid, and my hair was going limp, and I kept wiping my makeup off..  (I have no air conditioning...  just fans that weren't helping much that day.)....    Still, I'm feeling brave enough to post this, because it's more a picture I love for the memory, than for how I looked or didn't look that day.  Now that my baby girl is all grown and married now, it was so nice we could spend this kind of time together!

If you happen to notice, compared to the original in the tutorial, we only have six window frames instead of the seven or eight suggested.  We just thought five windows would cover Monday through Friday, and that we would designate the last window/frame for "the weekend".


Now later, as I was deciding where to hang my finished project, I thought, "Oh no!  My papers all match my kitchen nice and pretty, but they may be too dark to see anything written on them!"  So I'm actually still working on mine.  Here you see I added a smaller piece of white cardstock on the blue windows of the frame, and they now have a matted look about them.


I'm wondering if I may have to do the same with the red windows.  Maybe they're o.k. the way they are... Whatever, the case, I'm very happy with how it's come out, and Dear Daughter already wants to make a second one!


Thanks to Tammy, at Country Girl At Home,
Be sure to stop there to see others projects as well!..

And thank YOU so much for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Fran. Boggs said...

That is so cool Beansie!! Love the pic of the two of you!! I am the same way when it comes to pics of me!! But a mothers love always wins!! Very cool ideal too!! Thanks for sharing!! Lookslike more memories are coming too~~woo`hoo XOXO Love Fran.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Beansie!

First of all, thank you for participating in Pinned it Made it Monday!

And Wow! I love that! What a cute idea and that makes a great gift idea! You and your daughter look great and you did a great job. The best part is the time together creating! My daughter and I just do this!

Have a wonderful week! :)

Blessings,
Tammy

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice work, and love the photo of you with your daughter. It's still cold here, no chance of getting sweaty! Hugs, Valerie

Pammy Sue said...

Such a cute idea and perfect for Mom & Daughter to do together. You'll be glad you kept the photo even tho you don't like it. Special moments!

crochetwithtamara said...

Hi Tina!

As always I love everything that you do. I would love to see what you have written on your calendar. I know you had a great time with your daughter. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. By the way I love the picture of you!

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving your frames! GORGEOUS!!

Kristina said...

I love it! What a great idea too.

Allison said...

Cute project!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

What a fun idea! I have a bunch of frames that I could do this with! Thanks for sharing.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

What a cute idea, but like you said better than that, what a great memory, I live in Florida I have to figure out where you live that you can live without air conditioning...Yikkes

Carol