Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hodgepodge & Summer Of Color

I did not necessarily plan it this way, but as it turns out, I'll be participating in two weekly events in this one post.  I'll start with Wednesday Hodgepodge, hosted by Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond.  Here are the questions presented for today...

1)  Summertime is a season of reunions, weddings, and other family celebrations and gatherings.  Are there any of the above on your calendar in the next two months?

Answer:  Actually, there's only one family day trip, still in the planning stages so far.  I guess we're just playing anything else by ear...  A couple of ideas, but nothing definite.

2)  June is National Iced Tea Month.  Are you an Iced Tea drinker?  If so, how do you like yours?

Answer:  Sometimes I'll make myself a pitcher of Iced Tea..  Always brewed with green tea and black tea combined, with no sugar, no lemon...  just plain with lots of ice!  Honestly, though, I haven't been making any lately.  I like a hot pot of tea after dinner; but during the day, I just prefer iced water with a slice of fresh lemon.  Nothing sweet, because I just prefer my drinks that way; and from what I've read, I like that there are only a couple of calories in a slice of lemon.  Far less damage done that a cold soda or beer!

3)  When were you last nervous?  Looking back at the event, was it really nerve-worthy?

Answer:  I guess I would say my last visit to the doctor's office.  I was nervous, and with good reason.  It appears I need to start taking better care of myself...  ('nuff said)

4)  The bristle toothbrush was invented in China on June 26th, 1498....  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being sick to your stomach, and 1 meaning not at all, how nervous do you feel when you're headed to the dentist?  Do you see your dentist twice a year?


Answer:  On a scale of 1 to 10?..  I never used to be so nervous, until I had one particular bad experience, several years ago; so ever since, I would have to say my answer is probably right up to ten now.  (Need I say, I do NOT go twice a year.)

5)  What's making news in your town this week?

Answer:  I guess the biggest happy kind of news would be the fireworks shows coming up for the 4th of July!  I always look forward to going with my kids!  We bring our blankets and chairs, and all kinds of goodies..  We just have to cross our fingers for no rain this year.  The forecast doesn't sound promising, so maybe I'd better send a prayer on the way too!

6)  Curtains, drapes, blinds..  Your window treatment of choice?

Answer:  I like blinds in all the windows...  As for curtains, I make most of my own curtains 'round the house...  It's cheaper, but it's not just that.  I take pride in what I make with my own two hands.

7)  Summertime is officially here!  What one song is a must-have on your Summer playlist?  Well, that's an easy one for me.  I've mentioned it before, but on the hottest of days, my favorite song is actually a Sesame Street song, which you can find the video HERE!  Hace Calor has a very catchy tune, to which I always sing along.  It has a beat that gets me moving no matter where I'm standing or sitting...  And come on!  It stars Jim Henson's Muppets!  What's NOT to love about it?!...


Well, just to briefly explain, it's a story of a young fellow interested in meeting a young lady, Rosalita, who just moved into the neighborhood.  He's a little too shy to talk to her, so the easiest way he knows how to break the ice, is to talk about how hot the weather is!!..  So cute, and if you're interested, you can see the rest for yourself, via the link....  But here's where I'm combining blog events....  For Summer of Color, Week 3, hosted by Kristin at Twinkle, Twinkle, I painted an art-journal page of the boy and Rosalita together...  done in this week's color theme, in shades of Purple and Lime Green!



With such enthusiasm for a song, and how fitting it's been with the heatwave we've been enduring this past week...  AND surely it's obvious what a big kid at heart I am!!...  I really enjoyed painting this!!   (Gee, can ya tell?)... 

So-ooooo, back to Wednesday Hodgepodge...

8)  Insert random thought here...
O.K...  So, here's a quote, speaking of weather...  

"Wherever you go, 
no matter what the weather, 
always bring your own sunshine."
(Anthony J. D'Angelo)

Thanks to both Joyce and Kristin for hosting 
such fun events to participate in each week...
And thanks to YOU for stopping by today!


16 comments:

Joyce said...

Welcome to the Hodgepodge! I think one bad dental experience in your life stays with you forever. I had a bad experience as a teen, and it always comes to mind when I'm in that dental chair, even though I've had only wonderful dentists since.

I'm looking forward to fireworks too...hope the weather cooperates!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

We live in AZ where it is as hot as it is in Hades... lol... so we have blinds and curtains to keep the heat out! LOL!! I loveeeeee your journal page!! Looks amazing!! I love the Muppets!!!

Life in a Small Town said...

Our Small Town used to have "FreedomFest" the weekend before the 4th, but cancelled the past few years because of budget cuts. They're bringing it back this year. I'm not sure why they never have it on the 4th, though.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your painting! Valerie

Lucy said...

Oh, to be creative,what a talent and you make your own curtains,wow. Love that quote.
Here's to your health :)

Lucy from Lucy's Reality

Anne Manda said...

Fun and creative painting! Happy Soc! :)

Kristin said...

xo

crochetwithtamara said...

As always Tina I love to hear all about you and what you are up to. I hope you have a great week and try to grab a little water to spritz on you along with the sips of ice cold tea.

Love and Hugs, Tamara

Veronica and Daniel said...

I make our curtains as well :)

Chatty Crone said...

I like your quote about whether - lol. And I wish I could make window treatments. I love ice tea with lots of ice. sandie

Leann said...

fun Tina and I LOVE Sesame street too. I watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street every year!

Shahrul Niza said...

Oh yes, I love ice tea so much. Black tea with milk & cream and lots of ice cubes!.
Your drawing is so adorable!:).

Manon Visser said...

I love it great work!
ManonX

Manon Visser said...

I love it great work!What a sweet blog you have. Nice meeting you!
ManonX

Natasha said...

Love your painted page! Stunning work. :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Yes, you should always bring your own sunshine! I love that quote! And the Muppets, too! Your page is just wonderful!!!!