Friday, March 29, 2013

Washi Tag Challenge #152

Today I'm posting a tag I made for Challenge #152 at City Crafter Challenge.  The theme this week was to incorporate washi tape into our work.  But what IS washi tape, you might ask?  Well, in a nutshell, it basically began as a high quality Japanese masking tape made with rice paper.  Since its origins in 2006, its popularity has grown to become a craft/art supply phenomenon, and can be found in countless colors and designs to suit nearly any preference and project.

In a previous post, I've shown how I've made my own washi tape, in a good number of colors and patterns such as the following you see here.


You can easily make your own as well, following a wonderful tutorial HERE, by Jennibellie...  But for my tag, today, I chose the pink print tape I made, shown below.


Here is my tag, finished, and where you'll see the washi tape bordering the left side.  The vintage image of a woman dressed in her Easter bonnet, can be found at The Graphics Fairy.


I made the rose myself, from paper.  From there I included a paper doily, silk flower violets, buttons, pearls and lace, and finally a pretty pink bow made with seam binding...  But at the top, you see I made a very unique heart shaped hanger...  And here's a little recycling idea I hope you'll like!  Can you tell what it's made from?


These are the little hooks that a pair of socks might hang from, when displayed at the stores we buy them from!  I used E6000 glue to adhere two hooks together, to form the heart.  (the widest ends overlapping, with the holes aligned, and glued upon each other to form the bottom of the heart)  Then I simply applied some Diamond Stickles, and added the little violet to the bottom to pretty it up!  So sweet, and who would ever think socks when they see it, right?!  Little hearts like these would make beautiful embellishments on scrapbook pages or cards too, I think, so remember not to throw these little plastic doohickeys away!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


18 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

My word, your tag is gorgeous, Tina! Love that vintage image and love your pink text washi tape. I am so inspired by how you used just the bit of doily at the bottom and love, love, love your crafty heart hanger at top. I would never have guessed what those were! Soooo clever!

Mindy said...

Adorable!! You're absolutely brilliant!

Have a wonderful weekend--Happy Easter!

craftattack said...

Lovely tag, your washi tape is a hit!
Happy Easter! Hugs, Valerie

Sandy said...

Never heard of this tape, interesting though. Happy Easter

http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2013/03/memories-of-mom-and-typing-about-easter.html

DJAjewels said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing!
Irene

Charlene said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!! I love the colors and softness, great handmade washi too :-)

crochetwithtamara said...

Oh My Gosh Tina! You amaze me with all your creativeness. Beautiful tag for a beautiful lady. Happy Easter!

Love, Tamara

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just gorgeous!!!

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I had never heard of Washi Tape before this. I think this will be something new for me to play with. The sock tags make good cat tails too :-) You really have put your heart and soul into this project and it shows. It is so pretty Tina. Happy Easter. Take care now. Marion x

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous tag ... I love your handmade Washi Tape and such a clever idea for recycling ... Many thanks for paying along at CCCB!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
Such a pretty tag!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Happy Easter to you and yours!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Ruby Manchanda said...

Beautiful craft

Tracy said...

Your tag is so beautiful.
I have made my own washi tape as well, you can customize it so easily.
As for you sock hooks...LOVE that idea.
I knew what they were before you shared it, and though genius :)

Linda R said...

Your hand made washi tape is so pretty. Love your tag. I am so glad you joined us over at CCCB!

Shari said...

Lovely tag! Your projects are so inspiring!
You are very talented Tina! Happy Easter to your
Family. . Shari from 4-evercrafter

Linda B said...

Your tag is just gorgeous... I love the image and your pretty pink washi tape with the text. Love your heart hanger... so very clever of you!

Stress Less said...

My goodness, you sure are crafty. I love this. So pretty.

sparkle100-havealook.blogspot.com said...

Clever and so pretty.

I never knew we had so many talent people on bloggers.

It is soooo pretty the tag.