Monday, March 25, 2013

Somebunny's Busy!

Time seems to fly these days, having done so much, and having so much to do...  How did one Monday become NEXT Monday so fast?!...  And now Easter is less than a week away!!
 

Well, I've been a busy bunny indeed, but here are a couple of projects I whipped up in my spare time, during the past week.  First up is a new dishcloth.  I've been meaning to crochet myself some new ones for so long, but just never got 'round to it.  Then I heard that Melinda, at MoCrochet, was hosting a Dishcloth CAL (crochet along); this past week, being Week One.  She gave a choice of two patterns to choose from, and I liked the Pretty Scallops Dishcloth.


So pretty for Spring, I'm already making good use of this one!  

As a resident of the "Great Northeast", I'm ever hopeful that Spring IS on its way.   Sometimes Mother Nature can be a bit of a tease, as the temps go up and then down again.  And just when you think Spring is finally here, the weather man is warning you that another foot of snow is on its way.  It can get a little discouraging, especially if you've had your fill of Old Man Winter for the year.

(recycled business envelopes for background in my junque/art journal)

But I'm hanging in there, very eager for warmer days, green grass, flowers, and birds singing in the bright sunshine!  Better days are coming..  I just know it!

Well, on that note, next up is a new rag doll I just made; and she certainly cheers me up, no matter what the weather brings!  Look closely, and you see Easter eggs and paint brushes on the fabric of her dress.  Perfect, I thought, as this new dolly will be as crafty as me, and loving the holiday just as much!
  

With paint brush in hand, she is ready to color and decorate some eggs for that clever little Easter Bunny to hide on us, just as soon as we're not looking!...

I'm very happy with how she came out; but actually, I think I may still dip her brush in the purple paint, then let it dry, so that it looks like she's still painting the egg in her other hand.  I forgot about that, before taking pictures..  Oops!


Well, I've got a batch of banana bread I want to bake at some point today, and I'm very behind in getting my Easter decorations out this year, seeing as I just barely found the time recently to take down the St. Patrick's Day things.  Maybe I'll get that done tonight, I hope...  Off I run, anyways!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Hope your day's a good one!


By the way, today I'm linking with Sew Many Ways, Linky Party # 107, and Le Chateau Des Fleurs...  My thanks to both for hosting these events!  Be sure to stop by these events to see what other busy bunnies are up to! 

15 comments:

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

That is much too pretty to use as a dishcloth Tina ! I can't Crochet and admire those who can. It feels like Winter here but the birds and flowers know it is Spring so hopefully it will warm up soon. Take care now Tina. Happy Easter. Marion x

Ruby Manchanda said...

Interesting craft

Isabelle Thornton said...

Thanks so much for linking! Your rag doll is amazing. You are very talented. I am glad you like to craft and sew. The baby doesn't let me do a lot but pretty soon I will have more time for myself. Have a super week!
Xo

Stress Less said...

Wow you've been really busy. I love your dishcloth!

Audrey Pettit said...

Your little rag dolly is just the sweetest! So precious! And wonderful journal page and dishcloth! Always so fun to see all the different things you've been up to!

crochetwithtamara said...

OH My gosh Tina, I love, love, love the new rag doll you made... and dishcloth. I always enjoy seeing what you have been up to. Thanks so much for sharing. Love and (((WARM HUGS)))Tamara

kitty said...

Oh my goodness, I love your dishcloth. It's too pretty to use!!! I need to check out the dishcloth CAL. your doll is so adorable. You are soooo talented. Did you make your banana bread yet? I'd love a slice in the morning, too. Thank you for your sweet visit. Happy Easter week to you! xo

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You sure have been busy and making lovely things too! The cloth is beautiful ~ almost too pretty to use :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeee your creations!! LOVING the rag doll!!!

Kerrie said...

I love the dishcloth and the doll is precious!!

Chatty Crone said...

I love all your items there and you are right - that darn groundhog lied!!! sandie

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Oh your little doll is so cute...
I love the dishcloth and it looks so pretty, are you all ready for Easter? ~~Debb

Sandy said...

I hear ya about the weather. We actually have sun today and the snow from yesterday and the day before is almost melted...got my fingers crossed. The doll is cute and dipping her paint brush is a wonderful idea.

http://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2013/03/working-on-iris-and-lillies-on.html

Tracy said...

I love you Rag Doll she is so cute, and creative ;)
Love the colours your chose for your dish rag, pretty pattern as well.
Cute card..I am so looking forward to spring as well....just have to wait for the snow to all melt.

Astri said...

Wonderful projects! I just love that granny square. White and gray are new favorites and you have done it justice. :-)

Good weekend to you!