Thursday, February 7, 2013

Home Is Where...

...you can hang ALL your hearts!


I first saw these hearts at Pammy Sue's blogScotty's Place, and was immediately inspired to get out my yarn and hooks to make some of my own!


I crocheted a total of ten of them...  at least so far; and basically following the patterns found HERE. My own variation was to whipstitch the hearts together, rather than single-crochet around the heart.  Then I decided to add lace, ribbon, and pearl strands, to give just a bit more of a Victorian look about them. I gifted one of them to a friend this past weekend, and Dear Daughter will pick whatever she wants from the bunch, later today.  From there I'll share the rest of them with others for Valentines Day!

In what little free time I've had, when not crocheting, I did a couple of quick junque/art journal pages.  This first one is a paper doll of sorts.  I did not sketch it...  Nor did I paint it.  I felt like paper-piecing this little rag doll together one night...  Just cutting and gluing, and a little magic-markering!  So simple, but she definitely makes me smile!
  

Then, another night, I played with  Martha Stewart's new circle edge punch!  I have to admit, I messed up the first circle, not following directions properly.  But the second one, which looked much like the sun to me, came out perfect...


I really LOVE this new punch set, because now I can make all my own paper doilies, myself, instead of having to buy them every time I run out!  "It's a good thing!"

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

13 comments:

Parsley said...

Love the little hearts!

Jennifer said...

Love the little hearts, so pretty and perfect for Valentines day giving :o) have a great day! hugs Jennifer

Kristina said...

Those hearts are so adorable. Love the journal pages too.

craftattack said...

I adore those hearts, they are just so darling! Hugs, Valerie

crochetwithtamara said...

Hi Tina!

I love the hearts and your added special touches make them so you. The paper doll and doilies are very pretty too. Thanks for sharing a few good things. :)

Love and Hugs,
Tamara

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I am IN LOVE LOVE LOVE with all those hearts!!!!

glor said...

How pretty the hearts are. Your journal page is adorable. You are so very talented! Paper doilies ... super!

Chatty Crone said...

Those hearts are just beautiful!!!

Sandy said...

The hearts turned out really well. Looks like you've been busy.

Sharon Fritchey said...

Hi Tina! I miss Scrapping the Music and seeing your beautiful creations there!!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I absolutely LOVE your hearts! You amaze me with all of your talents! And that new Martha Stewart punch looks awesome. I may have to get me one of those! LOL! . . . and Happy Chinese New Year today!

Marydon said...

Those are the cutest lil hearts ever, sweet friend. You are so talented. The doily is a clever idea to create on your own ... wish I had the talent you ladies all have.

Happy Valentine's
TTFN ~
Marydon

froebelsternchen Susi said...

this hearts are so darling! wonderful!

Leann said...

Love the hearts - "sew" sweet. And that Martha punch is awesome. Stop on by for our Martha giveaway if you have time!

Leann