Tuesday, January 15, 2013

List It Tuesday

There's a Blogland event out there that's new to me and catches my eye, so I've decided to play along this week.  It's called List It Tuesday, and it's hosted each week at Artsyville.  There were several prompts this week to choose from, but all were based on favorite foods.  So here goes:

1.  homemade macaroni and cheese
2.  white cake and chocolate frosting
3.  homemade baked custard
4.  cookies
5.  homemade split-pea soup
6.  cheese (just about all kinds)
7.  hot meatball sandwiches
8.  reuben sandwiches
9.  new england clam chowder
10.  pies; lemon meringue, pumpkin, and chocolate creme 
11.  pizza, with pepperoni
12.  cheesecake
13.  ice cream
14.  tuna melts
15.  Oreo cookies
16.  Spaghetti
17.  banana bread/muffins
18.  homemade burrito casserole
19.  hot dogs with chili sauce/sauerkraut 

And drumroll please....  The food
I can't run through the store without 
grabbing on my way out...


20.  Little Debbie Nutty Bars!

So there you have it!...  I was hoping to post in time for another Blogland event, at City Crafter Challenge Blog.   Unfortunately I didn't post in time, but here it is anyways...
  

This week's challenge was to submit any type of project...  art, craft, scrapbook, or whatever, based on the given theme:  book pages.  I was in the mood for circles at the time, for some artistic mood/reason I'm not sure of; so I cut out a good many circles from an old paperback book and decoupaged them to an art-journal page, as a back ground.  I cut out more circles out of posterboard to make journaling notes.  I added an envelope, made by a friend out of a magazine page, to hold tags.


Then I cut out a facial shape, then a neck and a hat, all from book pages again, for the opposite page. I added a quote that, to me, focused not just on style, but about being yourself.  It was said by Emma Watson, who played Hermione in the Harry Potter series of movies.


And here's the whole journal layout, finished and ready for all the written memories I hope to preserve.
 

Thanks for stopping by today!


 

19 comments:

Parsley said...

Fun! Pizza would be mine.

Linda B said...

My goodness, girl... this is fantastic!!! WOW... I need to keep my eye on your work. I love your lady and her hat... the backgrounds are magnificent... LOVE it!!! Sorry you didn't get to post this at CCCB... do try it make it another time... I love their challenges and the girls are all super.
Thank you for your kind comments at my blog... I'm so happy to have you visit and follow.
Hugs!

Lynn Fisher said...

Wow, quite the list, and Little Debbie Nutty Bars are the exact reason I am not the perfect size 10 of my youth...yum!
Nice to meet you as well!
Lynn

Stress Less said...

Just found your blog. Love your layout. That's really nice. And I read down some more and I really really love the Christmas cards you made. And I see you choose a word each year. This year is the first year I'm trying that. I'm still trying to figure out the "right" word. Am I making it too hard? I'm thinking either "focus" or "re-claim".

crochetwithtamara said...

Tina,

I always love seeing the fun things that you create from paper. Thanks so much for sharing.

Love and Hugs,
Tamara

Em said...

Hi there! Glad to have you on List It Tuesday, welcome :) (It's addictive.)

I love your list of food. I went down it and through of all the associations some of those foods have for me ... so it was especially fun.

And your pages are gorgeous!!

Gallery Juana said...

Cheese is a definite staple for me too!
I think any of those dishes wood keep me busy chomping away:)

Textile Recycler said...

Love the list... all yummy yummy treats. I had a tuna melt today.. with chips!

Kristina said...

Your work looks wonderful! Love your list too.

Pat Hatt said...

Great work, and haha would you believe I eat nothing on that list?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your #11 would be my #1 pick!! I love love love love your pages!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I am IN LOVE with that girl!!!!

NatashaMay said...

Your journal pages are just wonderful! Love your list of food! :)

Leann said...

Hi Tina

Love your journal - it's so darn artsy!!!

Love the images!

Leann

thefrugalcrafter said...

beautiful page and great quote, love the artwork too!
Lindsay

Patrycja Photography said...

Very cool blog. Interesting posts. ;)
Nice atmosphere guests with you here on the blog. ;]
Yours. Have a nice day. !

Follow me on facebook fanpage and blog
I'm very concerned about this, please. :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856

Paula Bogdan said...

Great list and I really enjoyed watching your pages come together.

Mary Walker Designs said...

Mmm lots of sweets I'm with you on that

Lelia said...

Your blog is great fun ; ) Our sons enjoy those nutty bars, too. They just gotta have em

Andria said...

Well, your food list makes me hungry, but your art journal pages make me DROOL...gorgeous! I love the book page background, as well as those circles, and the girl is beautiful as well. Wonderfully done!