Friday, October 12, 2012

Before The Clock Strikes 12...

I'm going to get one more entry posted for Scrapping The Music!  This will be my second entry for this round, Challenge #207B, which currently prompts all participants to scrap about a favorite instrument.  Another option was to scrap about either an instrument you play, or about one you WISH you could play.

Immediately, I was inspired to scrap about my guitar...  But wait.  How long has it been since I purchased it?...  Maybe a little over a year?  I went to find my receipt, which was hidden away, with my guitar, in a case which was stored in my bedroom closet.  The receipt was my little reality check, stating I had bought it over TWO years ago!  (gasp!)  Has it been that long ago?  Is that possible?!...  Well, I guess the receipt doesn't lie.

You can imagine, from how I stored it away like this, how much progress I made learning to play it.  Stuffed in a closet, it was like they say, "out of sight, out of mind".  What a shame.  My guitar does indeed "gently weep" from neglect.

So I was compelled to scrap and journal about it.

(I made the guitar out of recycled cardboard; inspired by SaCrafters)

This may be the kick in the pants I needed, and I am re-inspired to resume practice!  I have placed my guitar in a more easily seen and accessible place, and hope to practice at least 15 minutes each day, for at least 5 days a week...   


I'll let you know my progress in another two years!
Thanks so much for stopping  by!
         

9 comments:

craftattack said...

Great scrap pages, and now start making that guitar happy! Hugs, Valerie

Sharon Fritchey said...

Tina!!!! You made it!!! I am so happy that you created this awesome journal page for the STM prompt this week!!!!!

Sue McPeak said...

OMGosh Tina...all of your scrapbook and journals are so creative and inspiring. Makes me want to get back to my family scrapbooks. I plan to, but not until after Christmas...after seeing yours, I don't know if I can wait that long.

Love your journal page for your guitar. How neat that you are learning to play. Is it kinda of like riding a bike....if so it won't take long for you to be 'Pickin and Grinnin'. You do ride a bike...right?

Ashley said...

You go girl! Stoddard women are just too stubborn to ever really give up on anything!!!! I love the way your page turned out!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that guitar and loving the title!!!

Faith said...

Lucy....Fred & I look forward to hearing you strum your guitar, soon you'll be playing better than
Ricki...Babalouuu.......oh that was drums....:)Remeber Lucy trying to sing Babalouu.....awful, awfully funnny....she was a hoot no?

Chatty Crone said...

I don't know how you scrap on blog - but you did an awesome job!

Audrey Pettit said...

Isn't it funny how time just has a way of sneaking away from us? I really love that you are attempting to bring the music into your life with your guitar. Your graphic black and white journal page is awesome. Love that photo of you! Good luck on your practicing!

estetik said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you estetik