Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Rrrrrroar! It's Official!



I put my scrapbooking aside, and picked up my crochet hook again!  Here's a lion I made!

Bless his heart.  Look at the story he wants me to read him!!  Our Little Golden Book is so worn looking..  I've tried to clean it up, but we still love the story!  (I'm really hoping to read it to my grandkids someday, God willing!)...


Anyways, I made him using the pattern found HERE, at Drea's Crochet.  Thanks to Andrea for sharing such a CUTE pattern!  He was pretty quick and easy to make, having finished him in just a couple of nights!  I plan to display him somewhere in the little crafty/scrapbooking corner I've set up in my living room.

In other news, I recently participated in an ATC swap, hosted by Tee at The Altered Paper.  My swap partner was Donna, at Red Apple Junction.  The theme was "Dressforms", and here is what Donna sent me.


Thank you Donna!  It's really beautiful, and I also thank you for the added little goodies you sent with it!...  Now here is the ATC (Artist Trading Card) that I sent to Donna!...  Actually, here's one for Donna, and one for ME!


I had fun putting them together, so pink and girlish.. pearls and lacy looking!!!  I made the crochet flowers myself, and the stamp is from Stamper's Best, Fashion Ticket Set. I really hope that Donna likes hers.

In the way of art jouraling, here's a spread I painted, for jotting each days events or thoughts.  How, you might ask?...   I used the paper teacups I cut out (using a Spellbinders die, Nested Teacups), for another project; and THEN I still used the leftover scraps as stencils, for my Book Of Days art journal!!!


Now, they're TULIPS!!  Pretty, I think, but "Oops!!"...
Looks like I have to fix that second "May 25" to "May 26"!
  

Gosh, it's hard to believe it's almost June!

Thanks so much for stopping by,
and have a Grrrrrrrreat day!

15 comments:

craftattack said...

Congrats on becoming a lion cub, have fun!! Love your journal pages! Hugs,
Valerie

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats and welcome into the Lions Cub (?)! sandie

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That's AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!! I loveeeeeeeeee your LION!!! He is ADORABLE!! And your ATC's are beautiful! LOVING the dress forms!

Just a Few Designs said...

oh tina love your post!!! I always enjoy reading your blog! You have an awesome way with words! And I adore the dress form atc's!
Welcome Cub!!
xoxox
Elsa

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Congrats on being a Lion's Club new member, I love the lion so cute, and I also love those crochet and paper ATC designs...that Disney movie was one of my favorites... :) So tell me what will you be doing with your new friends in the den? How exciting... You go girl..~~ Debb

Lynn said...

You have grown so much since I "met" you the first time 3 years ago! Congratulations on your evolving craft!

Createology said...

Hello. Thank you for visiting and following my blog. I am enjoying what I read and see here. Your ATCs are beautiful and your crocheted flowers fabulous. Such a cute lion cub and Congratulations to you. Blissful Creating...

pooky said...

Well, congrats to you Beansie!!! You have a very nice blog here:) I'm now following you and I will come back and visit! Have a super weekend!
♥hugs♥
Bev

Dawn said...

Oh.my.goodness! I loved the Tawny Scrawny Lion book as a kid!

And your crocheted lion is ADORABLE!

(As for saying that naughty 'f' word for how old we will soon be ---- welcome to the club! I too, am approaching fif.... See! I can't say it either!)

Linda Wildenstein said...

Hello 2011 participant of Celebrate Oz:

I am getting in touch with you to let you know that the date for Return to: Celebrate Oz has been selected for July 19, 2012.
I hope that you will come and join in the fun again at http://lindaomasoldebaggsnstuftshirts.blogger.com/
I look forward to seeing you down the yellow brick road,

Oma Linda, team green of course

Cathy L. Calamas said...

congrats and love your dress form atc's. hope all is well.

Sandy said...

Not familiar with The Pride, what is it? Congrats! The Lion is soooooooo cute!

Audrey Pettit said...

Congratulations, Tina! I'm so happy for you! LOVE your little lion cub. He's so adorable with the Golden book. Your ATC swap project is beautiful. Love what you did with the dress forms. And how clever are those teacup stencil flowers!

Tracy said...

Awww your little lion cub is adorable.
Congrats to you.
Those tags are beautiful.

Emma/The Log Cabin said...

Hello, lovely to meet you and thank you for becoming a follower. I'm following you back and looking forward to exploring your blog xxx