Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Little Herd O' Turtles

...And have I been slower than a herd o' turtles getting things posted as often as I'd like to!  But just like Aesop would tell you, slow and steady, "the race is not always to the swift."


Always in a hurry, always much to do, but feeling VERY behind in everything, I decided it was time to take Aesop's advice, slow down, and maybe share some more of what projects I've been working on lately.

Speaking of turtles, I want to introduce my own little herd o' turtles, or should I say bale of turtles.


I wanted to make just one for a friend, Effy, who often advises, "Embrace your inner turtle"...  to slow down, go at your own pace..  no pressure!  In real life, a mama turtle can lay anywhere from 50 to 200 eggs in one nest.  So, since when do you only find one turtle egg in a nest?  I liked making the first one so much, it turned out a total of FOUR baby turtles hatched here at my house!  While the little purple turtle is going to be sent to Effy's house, all the way to Canada...


...this little blue one is mine!  I haven't named her yet.  I was thinking maybe Bonnie Blue, but I think I like the name Mertle Mae better!  I hope she likes the little set-up I've made for her.  If you're interested in making one, or FOUR, yourself, you can find the pattern I followed right HERE

I guess while little Mertle Mae settles in, I'll share a few tags I've been working on most recently.  First, and better late than never, I hope, are two tags from the Tag of the Month Swap, at The Altered Paper...  Here's the beautiful tag for April, that I received from Mercedes, at All Things Pretty!!..


I just LOVE it!...   And here's the tag I made and sent to her!  (Of course, I made one for myself as well.)


I love when I can add any little crochet embellishments that I make myself!..  I did just that to this next tag.  I made it for the Mini Album Scraps, Breaking Dawn Part One Tag Swap.


Oooooh, I can't wait for Part Two to come to theaters!...    I hear the package of tags from our swap partners is on the way, so I can't wait to see them!  I most recently signed up for an "Itty Bitty Mini Album" Swap!  I can't wait to get started on that project too, but..  Oh, I'm getting way ahead of myself!  Here's ANOTHER tag I made for "A Night At The Oscars" tag swap.  I chose to base my theme on "The Help"...


...where Octavia Spencer won the award for her role as Minny!  Well deseved!  I loved Minny, but honestly, I thought Viola Davis deserved one too, didn't you?  I guess sometimes you just wish everybody could win the award, or the top spot; like on American Idol, or Dancing With The Stars!...  Anyways, I didn't embellish with any crochet on this tag, but I had fun putting it together.  I LOVED both the book and the movie!  (Oh, but tell me, will we EVER look at chocolate cream pie the same way again?!..   Umm, just pass me the lemon meringue please!)

(back of the tag)

I have more crochet projects I'm gradually working on, with others in mind on my to-do list.  I've got some baking in mind to do as well... a new brownie recipe; and then we'll be celebrating Dear Daughter's birthday soon, so I'll also be making a cake!  Much to do, but that's o.k...  I'll just try to remember to take my time, steady and slow, and to embrace my inner turtle!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and...

(image courtesy of HERE)  

  

18 comments:

craftattack said...

Love those turtles and gorgeous tags. I am on ago-slow just now too, thanks to high blood pressure and a broken toe! Hugs, Valerie

Ruby's said...

Wow, that is being really creative.

Doni said...

I love your turtles! So cute!

paula said...

Turtle Poem

Slow and steady winds the pace
a motto for the human race.

Faith said...

slow down Lucy....
Ethyl
love turtles, they are so cute and just take their good old time...I like that be hurried for nothing...:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh those turtles are ADORABLE!!!! And love love love love the tags!!! LOVING the BD one!! I can't wait for part 2 also... I all ready took 2 days off of work as me and friends go see ALL of them at once leading up to the midnight showing!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I have to say your little turtles are just adorable!! Love them, sandie

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Oh Tina, love the turtles and the meaning behind them... I wonder what do you do with all those lovely tags? they are so addictive I am sure...just cute cute cute...I am still having problems with lack of comments and wonder why? So I may take the summer off from posting? At least on my own blog....seems like my viewers are just not commenting anymore. :( still I fear it might have something to do with Google+ and the profile is a bit confusing. :(
You have a wonderful weekend, and can't wait to see where the turtles will end up? I like the name Mrytie MAy. :) ~~Debb

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Wow you sure left great comments :) Thank you Tina, I will probably stay on blogging,just having one of those "bad hair" days. :(
thanks ...~Debb~

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet post, Tina! I always SO enjoyed reading them and seeing what you've been up to. I never know what all goodies you'll be sharing, as you have so many talents. I truly LOVE that! I know that over the years, I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts, myself, so I always love to see EVERYTHING! Your little turtles are so adorable. Your friend is going to adore her new purple friend. And how fun all your tags are. All those swaps are just so creative and unique!

Creations by Tee said...

I Love The Turtles & Gorgeous Tags! Hugs,Tee

Nancy M. said...

What cute little turtles! I declare you are so creative! Those tags are pretty. Wish I was creative like that!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Those sweet turtles are adorable! I love your turtle advice ,too! All of your tags are fabulous! I haven't seen all the movies , but I will get them on Netflix.
Thank you for being a Blogging Friend,too.:D

Just a Few Designs said...

Tina!HI GIRL...Thanks for visiting my challenge post! You better enter! lol I would love to see your layout!
Love ya girly.
xoxox
Elsa

Lynn said...

You have been VERY busy. Everything looks great!

LDH said...

Your little turtle are so cute! Lovely tags too!

Jerry and Kay said...

So absolutely darling and thank you so much for sharing the pattern. i can't wait to make them. Your tags are lovely. So nice to see your blog this morning...I was on Annies Crochet Saturday Linky party and saw the turtles.
Kay

Susie Jefferson said...

LOVE those tags, especially the top two. Wowsers!

Hugs from the UK, Susie coco