Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day Scrapbook Challenge

What a busy weekend!!..  But fun just the same!  Finally finding some quiet time, this Monday morning, I want to share a scrapbook layout I put together, in connection with the challenge set HERE, at Just A Few Designs.  Everyone was invited to participate, while following the specific sketch posted there.

I don't work with 12x12" pages, as my journal more closely measures approximately 9x12", but here's my version of the proposed layout.


I never work with only one specific line of paper, but most of the paper you see here is from the line "Engraved Garden", from K&Company.  I won the 12x12" collection of paper when particpating in a challenge at Scrapping The Music!...   The butterfly stamp is from Stampers Anonymous.

Having finished the page as directed, I then went on to make a matching right-side page for my journal...  so that I'd have more room for more pictures.


I used the Spellbinder's Shapeabilities die, Nested Tea Cups, along with Sizzix Flower Layers; then some Stickles, vintage lace scraps, and various odds and ends.  I like to add postage stamps, coins, and tiny tidbits of that sort (like the little teabag tags) to my scrapbook layouts because it's that kind of memorabilia that makes for tomorrow's ephemera, right?...  Oh, and the pages themselves are recycled from cereal boxes! 

Well, all together, here's a full view of how the two pages tie in together.


Thanks to Elsa, at Just A Few Designs, for hosting this challenge...  And if you'd like to enter your own scrapbook layout, entries are still being accepted through May 27th

Thanks to everyone for stopping by today!


9 comments:

Marydon said...

Love the colors, beautiful design layout.

Have a great day ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

craftattack said...

Gorgeous layout and I just love those super cute tea-cups. I think I need them....Love your typed name, too! Hugs, Valerie

myric andreasen said...

Beautiful scrapbook layout and I love those cute teacups!

xo
Myric@Petites Passions

Ruby's said...

Altogether wonderfully crafted.

Sue McPeak said...

So pretty, Tina...and very special for Mother's Day! You are inspiring me to get back to several Scrapbooks in Progress! Thanks I need that!!! Have a great week.

Lynn said...

That looks great! Now I am feeling a little bit bad because I am not taking care of my scrap-booking duties! Oh, well, there is always tomorrow, right?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful!! LOVING the colors and that butterfly!!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable! I'm with Julie....I just love the color to this....and the flowers and the butterfly and the teacups, too!

Tracy said...

Great layouts. I really like all the detail you added to your pages :)