Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

As the weather continues to get warmer and warmer, I've been gradually bringing my Summer decorations out from storage...


And as I settled down in front of the t.v. last night, I decided to make a couple of crochet butterfly plant pokes, in our nation's proud patriotic colors, red, white, and blue!  With every stitch, and just upon the holiday weekend ahead, I remember, and am grateful to all the heroes, past and present, who gave or give their all for our country.

 (inspired by pattern found HERE)

"The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great
name and the inheritance of a great example."
(Benjamin Disraeli)

Wishing you a safe and Happy Memorial Day Weekend,
and thanks so much for stopping by!


13 comments:

myric andreasen said...

That is the cutest patriotic butterfly I've ever seen!

Would love for you to link this us at linky party I am having right now :)

Wish you a great day :)

xo
Myric

Parsley said...

Happy Memorial Day! Love the butterflies!

craftattack said...

Lovely idea Tina! Have a great Memorial Day weekend, hugs, Valerie

Marydon said...

These butterflies are just darling, Tina. Clever touch ...

Have a beautiful holiday ... please pray for our troops that serve us, & those that have gone before us.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Beverooni said...

oh, I wish I had made some of these for my dad's grave. Next year for sure (or maybe for the 4th of July). Love them!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those butterflies are beautiful!!

Chatty Crone said...

Those are so cute - you are very talented! Happy Memorial Day weekend!
sandie ♥

Sandy said...

So nicely said, and it's important that lots of folks do take time, and think and remember. I'm afraid often when things aren't on tv in their face, or blasting in their earphones they don't. Cute cute butterflies. Plant pokes? Where do you get the sticks? I've not ever had any, but love the idea. Will check out the pattern you linked as well.

Debbie said...

Have a wonderful memorial day!

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous Butterflies!!!
I love the red white and blue look...
Your scrapbook pages look amazing too...especially the tea cups...very sweet...

glor said...

Love the butterflys. They are adorable and so cheerful not to mention patriotic. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings.

Leann said...

They are adorable. I love that you can just sit down and whip up things like this!

Happy Memorial Day!
Leann

DaCraftyLady said...

I really like your butterflies so 4th of July, I know they were for MD but I may use them for the 4th. :) Good idea to use them as plant posts or in the garden too.. :) I tried to switch my profile back to blogger to help people find me???? Hope this wirks, when I switched to Google+ I lost a lot of my following. :( Have a great weekend~~Debb