Sunday, April 29, 2012

More Rolling!

In my previous post, based on a Scrapping the Music challenge, The Time Song, you may remember the lyrics, "let it roll, roll, roll".  This time around, the challenge was based on the song, "Rolling In The Deep", by Adele.  I didn't get this posted quite as soon as I'd hoped, but here it is.


I used the colors red and orange to symbolize the colors of "fire", as Adele sings of a fire starting in her heart.  And I painted a girl's face, saddened in a way that most of us have surely felt one time or another.  I added the gold birds (perhaps doves) flying upwards from her broken heart to symbolize that she herself could turn her own sorrow into gold, perhaps forgiving..  perhaps letting go...  therefore breaking free from her pain, and moving on to find a renewed sense of peace about it all.

I've drawn faces ever since I was a kid, just in pencil, but painting is a whole new ballgame for me.  For the face on this layout, I used a combination of acrylic paints, colored pencils, and markers.  I need lots of practice in shading, proportion, technique...  in ALL that stuff, I know!  But all that considered, I'm just happy to learn as I go!..  And what a great song to work with!

Here are just a few other art journal pages I've done most recently...  For my Mind.Body.Soul journal, I made this, using paper doilies for angels!


In my Book of Days Journal, I painted and lettered this spread, as prompted by Patty, at TANGLES and STUFF.


I also did these pages, in my Book of Days, pulling myself up after a couple of days feeling the blues, and having all kinds of fun with pinks, yellows, greens...  hearts, flowers, etc., etc.!  The words are inspired from THIS POST at Mountain Rose Studio.


And that's about all I have time to show today, folks!..  I want to share more projects soon, hopefully in a day or two...  BOTH scrapbook and crochet!   Today was a busy one, and I'm just looking forward to winding down now for the evening, maybe catch some t.v., or maybe read a good book!...  Honestly, HOW does the weekend always fly by so fast as it does?!

 Wishing everybody a great week ahead,
and thanks so much for stopping by!


15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww! These are all beautiful!! LOVING the colors!!!

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

that is an awesome painting, you are really good. I can't draw anything at all. When ever I attempt to draw anything I get so frustrated because I can see it in my mind exactly how I want it but my hands don't get it. I love that song, she sings it so beautifully.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Wow I love all of your journal pages, and especially the one for scrapping the music! Your painting is wonderful! Even though you missed the deadline for the Hall of Fame contest, I am still entering you into the random drawing for the April prize. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music!

craftattack said...

Love all the work you have been doing in your journals, great stuff, and the face is really good. The paper lace angels are a wonderful idea, too! Take care, hugs, Valerie

Ruby's said...

Good going. :)

Sharon said...

Hi Tina! Yes, the weekend does fly by really FAST!!!! I absolutely LOVE your journal pages!!!! They are so artistic and heartfelt, too. The one for Scrapping the Music is awesome!

myletterstoemily said...

you are such a gifted artist! i loved
every single page.

Andrea Plotts said...

Tina, I really really love all of your pages! I think you did a fantastic job on your first painted face! Wow! I really really love the idea's of the angels made from paper doilies that is sooo pretty to me! And the zentangle page is amazing as well. I love the bright colors and the quote you used! Very cool! But I have to say my favorite page is the page you used with the words I shared on my blog. Its sooooooo pretty! I just love the way you put it together. Every thing about it just fits perfectly! Thank you so much for sharing with me and I'm so glad you were inspired by my blog. :) You really do beautiful work!

Tee Thompson said...

Awww your girl is sweet! Ande said I had to come see the page you did with the encouraging words I said to her .... (that last one) and I love it!!! Wow.. *grin*

Chatty Crone said...

I really admire your talent and wish I had some! sandie

Yarnjeannie said...

Just beautiful!

Leann said...

Hi Tina

I'm telling you every time I stop by you are showing us another one of your talents. I love the painting. And the journal you are doing is awesome!

Hope that your days are better!

Leann

Kerrie said...

All things beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

Such awesome art journal pages, Tina! Love, love your Rolling in the Deep page. Your girl is absolutely amazing! Love the gold birds coming from the heart, too!

ptrish40 said...

Hi Tina!

I love your art it's bright and inviting! Great layers and lettering. Thank you so much for sharing a peek into your incredible journals!