Monday, April 9, 2012

Let It Roll, Roll, Roll

What a wonderful Easter we had yesterday!  The Easter Bunny stopped by, of course, and left off lots of goodies! 


Off to church I went, and it was so good to see everybody there, all dressed up in their finest Easter Sunday best!...  Later, my family came by for a big Easter dinner, and I'm only sorry I didn't take more pictures than I did.  (Sigh)...   That's just how it goes when you're playing both roles of hostess, and then head chef back in the kitchen as well.  I was definitely on my toes and running, but I wouldn't have changed a thing.  I was so glad we all had this time together!


Now I face the week ahead.  Dear Son has his Spring Vacation for the entire week, and I am eager to plan out how I will use my time wisely.  I look forward to the break...  some quality rest and relaxation!  I look forward to doing a little of everything, crocheting and scrapbooking, reading, etc., etc.!  But I also hope to use this time wisely.  I have much I want to do, in the way of Spring cleaning 'round my house, and honestly it does feel overwhelming to me.  How can I manage the best of both worlds, I guess time will tell; but I refuse to let any of it stress me out!  I'll just do what I can, in the time that I've got... and just "let it roll, roll, roll"!  It's all good!  

Recently, I came across a scrapbooking website called Scrapping The Music.  I love all kinds of music, and here a specific song is chosen bi-monthly, to which you can scrapbook along with the proposed challenge(s) for that song!

So this week's challenge centered on "The Time Song", by Matt Urmy.  You can find it HERE, via YouTube video.

 Here's the two-page spread I did, Challenge 196A, for my very first Scrapping The Music entry.


Recently, Leslie, at Words of Me Project, shared how to make envelopes out of recycled materials, so I gave it a try with some old-but-colorful sales flyers.  Here you can see I added one, so that tucked inside, I could save a printed copy of the song; and then on separate sheet of paper, my own handwritten hopes and plans for the week ahead.


I used various scraps and images throughout both pages.  I particularly liked the old dashboard, car-radio image!..  And I thought the angel faces were so cute!
  

I made a clock out of an old juice can lid.  I used a Crafter's Workshop "Time Travel" 6x6" template to stencil some clocks in the background...  And then some punchella to border the edges and corners a bit.  All in all, it was a fun little project to play with as I wound down for the evening!

(pattern for yo-yo bunny HERE)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Wishing everybody a great week!

25 comments:

craftattack said...

Wow, you get more done in a day than I do in a week. Your Easter goodies look good, and glad you had a great time with the family. Love your scrappin'-to-music LO, I will try that sometime, too - looks big fun! Take care of yourself, hugs, Valerie

Beverooni said...

What a great music page. Love it!!!

Sounds like you had a fantastic Easter. I'm so glad.

Therese said...

Glad you had a wonderful Easter with your family and friends. I love the scrapbook page. Very creative. Hope you have a wonderful day.
take care
Therese

Faith said...

Lucy, enjoy your week with Lil Ricky...Fred & I will mind the store...enjoy your week, what you don't get done will be there for another day for sure..Thanks for stopping down for a visit, always enjoy them

Ethyl

paula said...

Did you make the YO YO Bunny? I LOVE IT? ! Is there a pattern for it. It just screams that it wants to be a pressie for my great niece, Ellie Grace

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Glad you had such a nice Easter.. :) I just love the bunny. love the scrapbook page...you are so talented with that. :) with everything!!! too cute!! But now I am going to be singing the Easter song all week...hee hee..~~~ Debb~~~

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Hey Tina!!
Happy Easter and love your scrapping to music layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad you had a good Easter! LOVING the baskets!! And love love love love that you found STM!! I was on their DT for a few years and they are an amazing group!! I loveeeeeeeeee your page that you made for their song challenge!! GORGEOUS!!! Have fun with your son!!!

Ruby's said...

One day ... it will definitely take me more than that to accomplish it. It is good to hear that you had fun @ Easter. I hope you enjoy the spring break ahead.

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad you had a blessed Easter. And I love your bunny! sandie

Sharon said...

Happy belated Easter to you and your family, Tina! I am so happy that you found us at STM!!! Your 2-page layout is beautiful and so creative! Glad you joined us this week!!!

JMS said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Definitely crochet a shawl! Mine came in very handy, as there were some pop thundershowers once we were gathered under the canopy for the outdoor reception. It was a bit chilly, but even the open-weave shawl made it a little warmer.
My daughter-in-law just posted a picture of my husband and my grandson and I all dancing together. I had to snag it for my blog!
Glad you had a happy Easter, Tina! God bless you!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Fantastic! There's so much to love about your page! I totally dig the fact that you included an envelope with the lyrics - so awesome! And that radio is great, and all of the symbolic images that work together! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapping The Music Tina!

phinner said...

OH WOW TINA!!! So many details to see on your Scrapping the Music Page! You even made your own clock?! And I really like that you made and used the envelope to corral your thoughts! Great piece! Thanks for playing along at Scrapping the Music!!!

Patricia said...

Wow! Love how you used little bits of things and recycled them...Beautiful! Looks like a wonderful Easter too...thank you so much for playing!

Leann said...

Hi Tina

I thought that I was here the other day? So glad that you had a wonderful Easter - love your cratiness you are multi-talented!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Georgie Horn said...

I love your layout! Come by for a giveaway!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2012/04/super-saturday-giveaway.html

Brenda Figueroa said...

your site is lovely, the music sweet as i like it, your work amazing, thank you sweet for sharing with me, and for posting my giveaway in your blog....blessings

LDH said...

Lots of work and lots of special memories for you on Easter :) Love those yummy baskets too. Nice popping in to say Hi!

Kindly, Lorraine

Doris Sturm said...

Tina, you are the most talented woman I know. Your scrap booking skills amaze me...I'm still enjoying the hanger you made for me with the little Thumbelina story book in it. Actually, I have it safely stored behind glass so Romeow won't mess with it.
I'm slowly coming around to visiting my Blogging buddies and see who still loves me after I've been gone for so long. I'm still struggling with coming to my blog since it really makes me remember Gizzy as he was the center of my life, my joy and my postings. But, life goes on and I have two new best fur buddies who are sweet and worthy of talking about.
I'm glad you had a nice Easter. Mine was quiet, but the weather was nice, so we had some lovely outings by the lake. I'm glad I trained Romeow on the leash so he can go out with us and enjoy God's wonderful creations as well.
Take care my friend and give Ubu a belly rub from me and a hug to your kitty and any other pets you have. Enjoy your week!

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi Tina! Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter and Spring Break. Hope you got everything done that you were hoping for, but mostly, I hope you enjoyed every minute. How fun that you are playing along at Scrapping the Music. Your 2-pager is so fun! Love all the bits and pieces. Fabulous envelope you created, and I adore the clock face!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Just a Few Designs said...

Girl! Friend of mine! How the heck are you??? I've missed you...been so busy havn't had a chance to do my usual blog visits. Love your music, so sad about our NEW YEARS guy passing eh? Thanks so much for visiting my blog and do keep in touch!
xoxo
Elsa

Sandy said...

I like your new attitude of just let it roll, do what you can and be happy and satisfied with that...no stress. Good for you. I love love the darling crocheted bunny! Truly adorable. Your scrapbook page is very nice, creative and fits your song challenge nicely. Ever since getting a digital camera I've been into less paper so am not into scrap-booking but know it's become very popular. Keep up the good work.

SHANA said...

I am so happy you had an awesome Easter. We did too and Blaze really racked up from the Easter Bunny. Not sure how that always happens haha. ;) I love your yoyo bunny! So cute. YOu have really come so far in your scrapbooking. I remember when you first started it and I love seeing your work on it.

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

I love the bunny...