Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On A Roll?

No..  Just raisin bread today!..  

But I do seem to be on a roll as far as productivity goes!  I only wish my productivity didn't keep me UP until 3:30 in the morning!  I started this bread sometime last night...


and I hesitated, wondering if it was too late to start it or not; but of course my good sense (ahem) told me, "Awwwww, go ahead!", and so I did!


Now, don't get me wrong.  I love THIS RECIPE, and many thanks to The Pioneer Woman for sharing it.  It was very easy to do, but with what fair amount of TIME it takes...  to let the dough rise, and rise again, and THEN bake...   Let's just say, I simply know better now to start this at an earlier hour!  Come morning, Dear Son and I did have some for breakfast, and it was delicious! 

Moving onto the topic of crochet, I just finished this little somethin-somethin I was working on for my kitchen.  I had trouble with one pattern, and unfortunately had to toss that small waste of yarn into the garbage can; but then I remembered the mandala pattern, from Crochet with Raymond.....


and the finished result was exactly what I envisioned all the long!  I had a black vinyl seat on this kitchen/bar stool I have, that was just starting to show some wear and tear; and you can imagine how the black electrical tape I used to fix it was a bit unsightly, so I decided to crochet a cover for it.
 

Once I found the right pattern I liked, simply altering it with a side, and a hidden drawstring closure at the bottom, I was able to whip this up in no time at all, and I'm really happy with it!  Now, I'm just wondering if I should make a second one, for when I have to wash this one.

Anyways, as I was waiting for my bread to bake late into last night, I had fun just dabbling in my journal with some paints, markers, stencils, and all that sort.  As I was flipping through the t.v. channels, I was inspired by a sermon aired on t.v. just recently, where the topic was remembering to take good care of the kid in you.
 

So this is what I put to paper after having seen that.  I also did another little quick and simple spread, remembering one of my very favorite lines in the book, by Kathryn Stockett, and movie, The Help.


Just a little somethin' we ALL should remember!
 Thanks so much for stopping by!


24 comments:

Heather - The Good Life said...

I love your stool cover, it looks great. Your bread looks yummy too and the perfect thing with a cup of tea or coffee. Hope you are having a great morning. :-)

Caroline said...

Oh that breadl ooks soooo yummy! Your swirls came out so perfect, hope it tasted as good as the picture looks! The stool cover is really cute too!

Ruby's said...

The bread looks so yumm .. and the seat cover gorgeous.
Regards,
Ruby

Debi Y. said...

Mmmmm - that raisin bread looks delicious. The stool cover came out very nice - I'm gonna have to do that one day. Enjoy your day today. :)

craftattack said...

Wow, that really was a busy night, and very productive, too. I am drooling after seeing the pics of your bread, I think I need to bake something nice today, too! Love the journal pages, especially the one with the doll and your stool-beret is amazing! Take care, Hugs, Valerie

BEAR's Mom said...

you are one crafty lady...
baking
crocheting
journaling
you go girl!!!
~victoria~

Luna said...

UUUmmmmmmmm...what a wonderful sweet bread ,I love .I like to buy iy once a while....good thing that you know how to make it.It is looking delicious , .....Happy St. Patricks Day!

Xo,Xo,xo

Emma Kate said...

Bread looks wonderful so delish. What a cool cover as well. You seem to fit so much in. A super woman :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That bread looks yummy!! And what a great bar stool....and love love love your journal pages... I love Raggedy Ann!!

DaCraftyLady Debb said...

Love the stool cover, blues look good together and I love granny squares.Cute Irish music...ahh the Raggity Ann is adorable...And the cinnamon bread made me hungry, so I made toast with cinnamon sugar on top...not as good I am sure as yours.. :) Debb

SHANA said...

Oh my, that bread does look delicious. I may have to try it one day. I love the stool cover! So cute! Oh the movie The Help was amazing. I love it so much. I watched an older movie on Netflix the other night called The Long Walk. You should see if you can find it. It was so good!

Beverooni said...

Give me that bread!!! Right now!!! It looks delicious, Tina. The stool cover is, as you said, just perfect. I love what you did with your paints. You have more creativity in your little finger than I have in my whole darn body.

Sara said...

Ohhh... I love the stool! I really, really want to make a few of these. :)

Chatty Crone said...

I love cinnamon bread - I'm stopping by to say hello and wishing you a happy St. Pat's day! sandie

LDH said...

Hi Beansie!

The bread looks amazing! You guys had a yummy breakfast :)

The stool covers are fantastic! I love this idea ~ you did such a great job!

Leann said...

I LOVE PW and have been making one of her recipes each week - this looks wonderful!

Hope that you are enjoying your week!
Leann

Faith said...

Lucy, is that what Fred and I smelled downstairs and through the open window. We both thought we were having the same dream...the aroma is wonderful. What a wonderful breakfast treat. You are always so busy, and produce the most wonderful items. I see the little Amish girl...one of these days I'm going to make one for myself..

Werna Gail said...

Tina, thanks for your nice comments
now that is what I call being productive...the bread looks so good I can almost taste it.I like your stool cover, I made one out of an old doily, there is no way I could make one like you did. Please stop by again sometime.

Sandy said...

That bread looks awesome! I love the stool cover....very cute! Thanks for your sweet comment. Love your music, how did you do that? Add music to your blog?

Nancy M. said...

What a great idea to make a cover for the seat on the stool! Definitely makes it look better than tape, lol! Love the journal also, so cute! I still think I'm a kid sometimes. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Tina! What a very fun post this is! So many fun things to see. I am drooling over your yummy bread. Looks so good. And I adore the story of you starting it so late at night and it keeping you up. :) Your crocheted stool cover is just a brilliant idea. So adorable. And your journal pages are fabulous. That Raggedy Ann image truly stirs up so many feelings and memories. Love it!

Debbie said...

Lots of eye candy here....starting with that lovely cinnamon bread...what a great picture that made and I am sure it was to die for. The crocheted seat cover is wonderful and very creative, as was what you put to paper. You are SO creative...in SO many ways!!

The Altered Paper said...

Yum! And Your Crochet Stool Cover is Fantastic! Hugs,Tee

Cherry's Jubilee said...

beautiful stool cover....and that bread looks delish!