Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My Weekend & My Afghan!

What a great 3-day holiday weekend I can honestly say we just had!  (for the most part, at least!)  Saturday began quietly, as I continued to gradually take down the Christmas decorations, and later I baked some homemade custard and then a broccoli-corn bread recipe I've been wanting to try.  It came out good..  a nice variation for the typical plain old cornbread.

Dear Daughter came to dinner that night, after which we all watched a couple movies together...   Lots of laughs and lots of fun!

Now, before I forget, I'm ashamed at how long it took me to find time to post this, but I received a tag recently from Georgie, at Puddin' n Pie!  Hooray for happy mail!   We were in a Tag-A-Month Swap at Creations by Tee, and this is what she was so kind, and talented, to send me!


I absolutely LOVE this gorgeous tag, celebrating 2012, in Marie Antoinette style!  Thank you so much Georgie!  It's beautiful!   

Moving on to Sunday, it began with a bit of a snag, as I met with matter of slight disagreement with one of the other members of the congregation of our church.  One certainly hopes such things wouldn't happen in a house of worship; but it simply became necessary, in my mind, and after a fair amount of time, to defend myself in the matter...   Well, as I did so, as nicely as I knew how, it didn't turn out very well.  What can I do but hope the matter at hand will iron itself out; and hopefully, in time, there will be no hard feelings, right?... 

After leaving the church that day, Dear Daughter and I went to look for wedding gowns, and I was feeling MUCH better!  Oh my gosh, were the emotions running full-throttle that day, as my baby girl looked absolutely stunning in everything she tried on!  She does, in fact, have a favorite gown in mind already, but is taking some time to think about it...   to shop around a little still, and consider her options.

Monday was to be my day of rest.  I just put my own foot down, and was determined!  "I'm going to park myself on the couch, watch the movies I bought 2 MONTHS ago and haven't YET had time to watch, maybe light a candle, and I'm going to finish my afghan!!"

Time for just plain fun and relaxation is often hard to come by, and recently, I even journaled about it in my Book of Days.


I ended up watching two Audrey Hepburn movies, "Funny Face", and "Paris When it Sizzles";  and loved them both!...   and I finished my afghan!


I'm so happy with how it came out!  I love the colors, but now I'm just a little perplexed on how to place it on my bed...    I'm going to show a couple of photos, and if you could, any advice is welcome!


Tell me which way you think is best...


... or if perhaps, simply folded and off the bed is best?  I could do that too, as I'm even wondering if the pattern and/or colors are too much for the quilt I love in the first place?  Yes?  No?  I won't be offended, so be honest.  In fact, I'm still wondering if I should paint the headboard black?.. or white?  It is a quandry,  so please help me out, my talented friends!!

Well, much to do around here...  
And Dear Daughter is stopping by later! 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!


16 comments:

Beverooni said...

It turned out beautiful and I love it up by your pillows. It really shows it off well.

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Good for you!!!

Hugs from Utah,
Bev

Felicia said...

I'm sorry that you had to defend yourself but i'm sure you did it as nicely as possible...
sometimes you just have to!
Choosing wedding dresses sounds like fun, i'm sure i'd cry! and I love the afghan, its nice no matter where you put it!!
happy new year,
Felicia.

Faith said...

Lucy
I like it up by the pilows best...there is alot of blue in there...how bout painting the headboard, were you thinking of a off white or craam color..somting the offset the dark colors..and showcase your afghan. You did a really nice job on the afghan...seeing it on your bed, I get a better perspective of the size..it is much larger then I thought....nicely done girl...

Ethyl

Lisa said...

How lovely!! You did a great job. I love the shape it will be fun to work with!
Hugs, Lisa

Kristina said...

I love the afghan! What beautiful colors.

BEAR's Mom said...

your afghan is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
and i think it would look better on my bed LOL.....
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

Leann said...

Hi Tina

First, I'm glad that you stood up for yourself. If we don't then we shouldn't expect anyone else to. Bravo!

I love the afghan up by your pillows - so great there!

Enjoy all the wedding planning!

Leann

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry you had a hard time at church :( I hope it works itself out....

I love the afghan at the top! :):):):):):):):):):):)

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

So much to comment on...first...your bloggy looks so pretty with the aqua and black theme. Have a wonderful time getting ready for the wedding. Broccoli cornbread...sounds good and different. Things have a way of ironing out. Beautiful afghan...it will look fantastic wherever you put it...around your shoulders sounds warm and cozy.

Happy January!

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like a very full and emotional weekend for you, Tina! I'm so happy for you that you have your daughter's wedding to concentrate on. Makes the little bad things that happen in life seem not so bad. I think your new afghan is beautiful. SO love those colors, and what a pretty design. I think I like it best spread out at the bottom of your bed. Helps to balance the dark pillows at the head, and it's too pretty to fold up. :)

The Altered Paper-Creations by Tee said...

Beautiful Afghan! I too Like It Under The Pillows Best! But Again It Would Be Pretty Wherever it lies!
And congrats on your Daughter Upcoming Wedding! Hugs,Tee

Alicia said...

Jo, when you told me that you was a doll lover i had to visit and follow you. Love the afgan and the beatiful tag you received
Have a nice day

Terri Morse said...

Your afghan turned out beautifully! I like it under the pillows. That doll is adorable. I like dolls too. Hugs, Terri

sjmcdowell said...

Your Afghan is beautiful Tina!!I love the colors very much!!

Thank you for stopping by before to comment on my Jane Austen ATC exchange!!
It was so much fun!I appreciate your lovely comment!!

Enjoy your weekend and your daughters visit!!:)

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan
xxoo

Sandy said...

LOVE your ghan with the pillows, the shape is very striking and it being there really puts interest...draws your eyes to the pillows too. Very nice!

Wedding gown shopping...oh my, can surely see why the emotions would be high for that.

Ruby's said...

It looks best by the pillows. Your afghan has turned out lovely.
Warmest regards,
Ruby