Saturday, December 17, 2011

Have A Cup of Cheer!

While still working every minute I can these days on cookbook mini albums, I decided to break away from the papers and glues for just a couple of nights recently to bring out my hooks and yarns instead!  I turned on my Christmas tree lights, and popped in a movie, and those couple of nights were the most relaxing, peaceful nights I've had in a while!...   So, here's what I made!


I found the perfect shaped coffee mugs I was looking for at The Christmas Tree Shoppe!  In fact, I'd like to go get more!...  But I think these crocheted coffee mug cozies would be really cute Valentines Day gifts too, with the right goodies tucked inside, ya think so?!!


The pattern I followed, with minor adjustments to fit the particular-sized mugs I bought, was from Micah, at Micah Makes.  This is a great pattern, very easy to follow, and quick to whip up!...   Thank you Micah!  With the exception of ONE, which will be MINE-ALL-MINE...


...the other four cups will be Christmas gifts!!  (I just still have to get the marshmallows!)


Meanwhile, during the past month or so, I participated in a couple of Christmas Tag Swaps!  Now that all the tags have been sent and received, I can finally share them with you here!  For the first round of swaps, via Mini Album Scraps, I received this group of gorgeous tags...



...and honestly, the talent shown in these just amazes me!   

The next round of Christmas Tags came via a swap held by Gloria, at YouTube channel craftergm.
  

Aren't they beautiful?!!  Photos could never do them justice!  Every little detail just fascinates me, every time I look at each individual work of art!  Every one of all ten tags are hanging on display in my home right now, and I know my visitors will LOVE seeing them all!  

Oh!  I almost forgot to show my own tag!  I made the same tag for both swaps, so here it is.  This is the front...


You see the flower center of the fabric flower I sewed myself?  It almost looks as pretty as cranberry glass, doesn't it?!  Would you believe it was made out of a plastic soda bottle, and a red sharpie pen?...   Well, it WAS!!

*Update:  Look for how to make Pop Bottle Flowers HERE!
...And look for the fabric flower how-to HERE!


Next is the back of the tag, where I pocketed a second tag!  I used the Sizzix die Key & Keyhole. Then, on the back of this tag I added a little poem about leaving the key out for Santa, just in case he needs it!  (The smallest tag you see, the little red-patterned hand, just included my personal info for the recipients in the swaps.)

So, I guess that just about wraps things up today.  As for my "Sally List" so far?..  I may need to run to the bank for some rolls of pennies!!  Ha! Ha!..  Oh, just kidding!!  Hopefully I won't need to use them all!  I am full of the Christmas Spirit today, and plan to do some Christmas cookie baking!!
  

Thanks so much for stopping by, 
and I hope this finds you and yours 
enjoying the weekend!



42 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely tags, sent and received, and love your mug cosies; I think I will give them a try! Hugs, Valerie

Sandy said...

I used that mug cozy pattern the other day myself! It was a good, easy pattern to follow and I love how mine turned out too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeee the tags!! And those cup warmers are AWESOME!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEE them! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

You are so talented. Those cup cosies are the cutest things ever. Like darling little sweaters for your mug. And yes do a post or repost on your tree. I would love to see it. I have been a huge Peanuts fan forever. I even have Peanuts checks.

Ghost said...

mug warmers are a delight. I snagged the pattern. Thanks for the heads up.

Debi Y. said...

The mug cozies are great - and with the added cocoa it makes a perfect gift for Christmas. :)

Neabear said...

Your cozies are so cute! And the tags are gorgeous! What fun for you to get those! I love the one you made too with the extra pocket in the back too. That is a cool idea!

Merry Christmas!

~Linnea

Ruby's said...

Cup cozies are really pretty and I am going to try them definitely in my free time. The tags are lovable. I really liked the back of your tag. Quite creative.
Warmest regards
Ruby

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

What a grand idea....coco cup cozy..crochet of course! And very creative tags....my you have been busy! Thanks for sharing and have a very Merry Christmas.

Nancy M. said...

Those cozies are so cute, they'll make wonderful presents! The tags are nice also what a great way to spread some cheer!

Faith said...

Lucy, simply charming cozies....these will perfect gifts...Worked my hook little bit today and did some froggin....making another thread crochet angel...new and improved hee hee....have a great w/e...It is snowing here, and the ground is covered in NE Ohio...the tags all lovely and creative.

Ethyl

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...

Thanks for stopping by so I could visit you and see these fantastic tags! I'm also happy to see The Sally List on your sidebar. I hope she serves as a the perfect reminder for you -- and inspiration to make your own Sally List! Then stop back by the original post and let us all encourage you! If you decide to blog about her, link up your post, too!

Merry Christmas and a wonderful New year to you and yours!

paula said...

Okay, tell us how to make the plastic/sharpie red thing . . Everything looks marvelous.

Leann said...

Hi Tina

I LOVE those mugs! The button just makes them too cute. Really I LOVE THEM!

The tag swaps are the best aren't they? Easy and fun to whip up and fun to get.

Enjoy your crafting!
Leann

Tracy said...

These coffee mug cozy'e are just to cute, I love them. And the colours you used are awesome :)
The tags are gorgeous, yours included :)

Myric said...

I should have learned knitting from my mom! Those mug cozies are great gift idea for any occasions!
I enjoyed looking at your tags!

xoxo
Myric

Kristina said...

Those mugs look great! I love the tags too.

Jacqueline said...

Your mugs are so cute! Filled they are just a great present. I agree, your tags are works of art. EAch one is so fun. I really need to get into that, but that is on my bucket list!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun post, Tina, filled with all sorts of sweet things! I just adore your tea cup cozies! They are SO cute and SO clever, and really useful, too. I think they would make great Valentine's gifts, too....or any other occasion. And what a beautiful tag you made! Right away, my eyes zeroed in on that cool flower center, and wow! Plastic soda bottle???! How cool! Your tag is gorgeous. Love all the ones you've received, too. :)

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Hey Tina!! Love those mug cozies!! I say they would be perfect for Valentines day too!! Your tags are wonderful! Have a blessed Christmas!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Beansie, your tag's a beauty! But then so are all those you've shared with us here. Gorgeously inspiring! So fun, I hate to leave!
Just had to stop over to appreciate your work once more and to say
Merry Christmas!
Rose

Plush Possum Studio said...

Forgot to mention how much I like your mug snuggies. they are really clever!
Thank you for the lovely comment over at PPS. We welcome your feedback anytime.
Rose

Sandy said...

I need to bookmark that cup cozy pattern. Looks like a good one. The cups you found look perfect. What a cute gift. Making blog rounds to say Merry Christmas to you and yours from Sandy's Space.

Audrey Pettit said...

Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas, Tina! May your day be merry and bright!

Mel said...

Omg, I've to show this to my mom. She loves crochet, and she's gonna love this. Congratulations, you're so creative.

Faith said...

Lucy, always a pleasure to stop in the hallway and talk, enjoyed today's coffee clatch or is it clutch..oh well...enjoyed either way. Little Lucy is going to be married? How wonderful...I am sure she is delighted. Congratulations. Overwhelmed? just a wee bit, your baby girl...it will be okay Lucy...you did a good job with her . The trouble is that they start Christmas so far in advance, by the time it gets here, people are packing up and putting away..tired of it.. I have not been near a store, but would hazard a guess..the V day stuff is out...already...rush,rush,rush...that is what I'm talking about...simple, simple, simple...disconnect from things which tend to speed up and dictate your life. I'm trying tothink of the name of that book...it's around here somewhere....It will all be okay...have a cookie or three, lets meet again for coffee, and chew the fat a while.

Hugs, Ethyl

DaCraftyLady said...

Tina, I have to tell you I made the coffee cup holder like you for my sister and she loves it! :) I am now making a lot more for next year for my club gals. Its the perfect gift... :) How wa your Christmas? Ours was great...Debb

Betsy said...

Such cute cup cozies! And it was fun to see all the tags. I keep thinking I need to join up and do one of those someday soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Betsy
The Little Red Hen at Home

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I *adore* those tea cup cozies! They are just so wonderful and so cute with the hot choc and candy cane! Thank you so much for visiting me! Happy New Year! Angie xo

thegreendragonfly said...

Lovely mugs, what a great present idea. Thanks for stopping by thegreendragonfly today! Janettexx

BEAR's Mom said...

thanks for stopping by and visiting me and the BEAR...
your blog is so cute!!!
i'm now your newest follower :D
BEAR HUGS
~victoria~

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love everything , The cups make a wonderful gift ! The tags including the one you made ,are fantastic ! A lot of talent displayed here !
Have a Happy & Blessed New Year ! :)

Susie Jefferson said...

Thank you so much for visiting, and a happy and prosperous New Year to you as well! Lovely tags - my resolution this year will be to make some time for personal art work.

Big hugs & a kiss from the UK.

lovestitch said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Wishing all the best for your new year 2012!!!
Much love,
Lovestitch xo

Jenny's Heart said...

I LOVE THE MUG COSIES! THEY ARE SO CUTE!
The tags all look great and I love the flower on yours :)
Thank you for your visit to my blog, and it looks like we have a lot in common :)

Georgie Horn said...

oh, what lovely tags. Sooooo....you and me...tag partners. Excited! This will be fun!

Sandy said...

Belated Happy New Years. Popping back in.

A Splash of Ida said...

I am in love with the cup holders!!! :-) They are just so adorable.

xoxo
Ida

Linda M. said...

Hi Beansie, Your mugs and cozies are a great Christmas and Valentine gift idea. Warmly, Linda

Pammy Sue said...

Hey Teener! Nobody has even started their round ripple that I'm aware of besides me. Please do join in if you can! I'd love for you to.

Cute little coffee cup cozies! I saved a pattern like that but haven't made any yet.

Tiffanee said...

Love the cup cozies! How fun. What great and so cute gifts. You are so talented!!

Simply Debbie said...

TINA, TINA, TINA...
The tag you made is stunning and unique...I have not seen any tag that had a tag on the back of it...simply beautiful.
You also received some pretty ones
love and hugs
joyfully