Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Let the Games Begin!

I LOVE the holidays!!..  But the days before?  Well, it's just non-stop busy, between cooking, cleaning, and setting things up to be just right.  So, after my morning cup of coffee, and a quick bowl of cereal, I just roll up my sleeves and say "Let the games begin!"


I baked some spice cookies a couple of days ahead.  Dear Son loves these, and it's a good thing I've put some aside in the freezer for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!


Yesterday afternoon, I did some extra cleaning 'round the house.  I even planned ahead, and pulled out all my "bigger pants", because let's face it.  There's just no denying, I'm gonna need them for at least the full week ahead, because I don't plan on counting calories tomorrow!  NOPE!  No way!...

Well, then, last night, as I finally kicked my feet up, and watched a little t.v., I finished putting together the basic form of a Thanksgiving mini album.


I'll fill it with photos and embellies after the holiday, of course, but I had fun putting it together, such as it is for the moment!

As for today, so far, I've cooked up my eggs, for deviled eggs, I've made a lemon meringue pie, and now have to run a quick errand...  to the store, of course!  I have two more pies I want to make, and then I may even try to whip up a couple of casserole-type side dishes ahead, either later this afternoon, or this evening, we'll see...   A busy, busy, busy day this is, but it's a very NICE kinda busy!!


So I just wanted to take this small break to say how thankful I am for every friend that stops by my little blog, to see what's going on, maybe find inspiration in something I've made, or just to say "hi"...   And I am definitely inspired by all your crafting, crocheting, baking, home decorating projects, etc., etc., etc.!!!  Blogland continues to be a pleasant escape, and a wonderful blessing to me, and I'm grateful to know you all!


 Wishing a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!   

10 comments:

craftattack said...

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs, Valerie

Faith said...

Lucy,
Fred & I and the boys wishing you and little Ricki, and Little Lucy a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving...I've been smelling all those aromas and mm mm good...

Ethyl

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Have a blesses day. Love the start of your thx mini album

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the mini!! Happy Thanksgiving! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debi Y. said...

Have a very happy Thanksgiving Beansie. :)

Leann said...

Hey Tina

Sounds like you've got it all under control. I'm waiting for the kitchen floor to dry so that I can go to the basement for the next load of laundry.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Leann

Beverooni said...

Everything sounds and looks GREAT! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Marydon said...

Never throw away that next size up, always save them for the holidays ... for sure! Chuckle! Hope you had a marvelous & blessed holiday, B.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Sandy said...

Sounds like you're in high gear. I don't like to start on Christmas things so early. I'll begin thinking about it in a few weeks. I dislike the ciaos of the season, so that's my way of controlling how long I have the ciaos? lol

Yarnjeannie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It sounds like Thanksgiving was wonderful for you - we had a nice quiet day, just the way I like them. I'm glad you liked the hats I've been working on. The raspberry one was a favorite of mine, too. I gave it to my sister-in-law as a gift. It won a blue ribbon at the Grange Fair for me this year.
Keep up all your good work with the scrapbooking. What wonderful gifts the cookbooks will make - a lovely personal touch! Have a wonderful holiday season!