Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I know I'm a day late, and I should be saying Happy November..  or something like that;  but I had absolutely NO time to post yesterday, so...   well, here I am today!

First, I just want to share a couple of pictures.  

Here's one of our pumpkin!


He's a little more lopsided than I thought, we we first purchased him, but we had lots of fun carving a face for our jack-o-lantern, nonetheless!  When all lit up, he definitely added to the spirit of the holiday!

Next....   Well, every year, I make a bunny cake for Easter, right?..  I thought this year, I'll make a black cat cake for Halloween!!  (You can too, right HERE!)


He's not very scary looking, by any means...  But I think he came out cute!  What do you think?  Should I make this a new tradition, and make another, when next Halloween rolls around?!

Finally, I wanted to share the Halloween TP mini album,
that I made for 2011.  There's just no easier way to 
show it, than by way of video...  so here goes!



We really had a great Halloween, altogther, this year!  The day before, Dear Daughter came over, and we made our traditional Great Pumpkin Cookies, and we watched a Halloween movie together!!  During the actual holiday, on the 31st, we took the dog for a walk, and got to see several trick-or-treaters already out and about, so CUTE, and the weather was perfect!!
 

That night, Dear Son and I lit up our pumpkin, set out all our own candy and goodies, ready for when Monday Night Football came on!  Perfect!...   Yum-yum-yum-yum-yum!!!  (Calories?.. I'm NOT gonna think about'em!  Nope!  No way!)

Thanks for stopping by today, and hope 
you all had a fun-filled, very Happy Halloween! 

  

14 comments:

craftattack said...

Great album! Glad you had a good Halloween, I am still recovering from mine! Hugs, Valerie

Debi Y. said...

Great job with the black cat cake - definately looks good enough to eat. :)

Linda in New Mexico said...

I love the black kitty cake...very fun. And your video is so cool....I just love what you do. Oma Linda
pssssst. you can wish me Halloween wishes any day of the year...tee hee

Gerty said...

Lucy, so that is what smelled so wonderful...Fred & I were wondering what you were up to up there...Hope all is well in your next of the woods...
Ethyl

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
How have you been??
So glad that you had a nice Halloween spending some time with family!!

Miss you....

Hugs,
Deb

Plush Possum Studio said...

Your book is the most fun I think I've ever seen anyone have with Halloween in book-making!!!
This knocked me out!!!
You are so clever, making each page count the way you have, right down to coming up with some ideas I never had heard of before, including that skeleton with the cobweb eyes--too way cool!!!
LOVE the toe tags!!! LOL
And that pullout you designed with your leftovers from punching is so darned cute, I have to try something like it myself when next I get the chance.
HOW did you come up with everything so quickly? You speedy little creative woman, you!
Your family gets to share your lovely ideas with each other for generations to come, all because you went that extra mile to create such projects with love and a pleasing sense of fun, along with your every good design concept.
I am just wowed.
The other gals and I are thrilled and pleased as punch at your mentioning our supplies in this video.
Thank You so much for supporting our fledgling steps as an ephemera site this way!!!
Belated Happy Halloween to you, GF!!!!
xoxo
Rose

Chatty Crone said...

Well I am two days late - but Happy Halloween for next year - makes me really early.

Love that cat chocolate cake.

sandie

Caroline said...

Dibs on the cake next year....looks delicious! The album is gorgeous! The video was definitely a plus for showing it off!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeee your pumpkin and loving that kitty cake! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am following you now :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Leann said...

I vote yes on the black cat cake becoming a tradition:D Loved seeing your Halloween journal - nice and fat chock full of great things.

Glad to hear that you are on Organized Christmas too.

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!
Leann

Shelia said...

Love your little album! Love the black cat cake too!
Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

myletterstoemily said...

your pumpkin's adorable. perfectly
lopsided as a pumpkin should be.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
Thank you so very much for your well wishes that you posted on my blog!!
I will never forget your first comment on my blog about us being distant cousins because of the names of our blogs and how it made me laugh!!
You too have been a blessing in my life and I always smile when I see that you have visited!!
I hope you too have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and continue to be blessed in every way possible!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, how fun! Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful Halloween, Tina! Love your fun jackolantern, and LOVE that black cat cake. I would definitely say you need to add that to your annual traditions. :)
LOVE your Halloween mini! SO cool and so much fabulous detail. Love all the charms on the outside and love that fun binding technique. Gorgeous inside pages, too. And look at you with your adorable black fingernails! :)