Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tags, Pins and Pie, Oh My!

I don't know why or how, but I've been seriously sidetracked from one of my favorite Blogland events lately...  that being Tag Tuesday...


 ...hosted by Rebecca, at Blog Challenge GardenThis week's theme is a flower pot!  Well, as I am just beginning my Fall Junque Journal, I thought a Fall-looking flower would be best, so here's what I came up with.


I love making flowers by recycling dryer sheets!  After my laundry is washed and dried, and as I begin my ironing, I save all the dryer sheets I've used, and then I use them AGAIN!  One sheet makes two flowers for me.  I color them in various ways, depending upon what color I want.  Sometimes I die them in tea overnight.  Sometimes I use ink/glimmer sprays of whatever sort or brand.  In this case I colored my flower in Candy Apple Red glimmer mist, then coated it with Red Distress Stickles.  I played with various buttons, but for a Fall look, the two-toned brown button looked best to me.  I cut out the pot myself, by hand.


I thought this tag would look cute in a window kind of setting, so here it is, as I set up my next junque journal page.  Each window pane will be a spot for journaling what's happening 'round our house for the week.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive some "Happy Mail" today!  Diana, a friend from YouTube, sent me a set of stick pins, after I won a giveaway she was hosting!  As my morning did not start out as well as I would have liked, this package...  all the way from Australia...


 ..along with some of my own homemade coffee cake...


 ...both certainly made up for what ailed me at the time! 
 

Inside was this little pouch Diana made herself...   And inside the pouch were these three very beautiful stick pins, which she also made herself!


I was so happy to receive this!  It really made my day!  You should check out her YouTube channel, dianadiana1262, if you're interested in learning how to make various hand-crafted items like what you see here!  Thank you so much, Diana!

Well, our session of home-schooling is done for the day.


It's not easy readjusting from those lazy days of Summer, back to a full routine of daily lessons, but both Dear Son and I are off to a very good start!

I'm so happy to be firing up the oven again too, now that the weather is cooling down.  I'm looking forward to apple picking, making homemade apple pies, and baking all kinds of homemade goodies again!  Dear Daughter wants me to show her how to make homemade apple crisp sometime soon!  But my first pie, for the season, was the chicken pot pie I made for dinner last night!  Delicious!  We'll be polishing off this plate tonight, I'm sure!  Mmmmm..  I think I'll start making some biscuits to go with it!


Thanks so much to Rebecca for hosting Tag Tuesday
and thanks to everybody for visiting with me today!

14 comments:

craftattack said...

Love your flower pot tag! Hugs, Valerie

BelleSouth said...

How creative is this tag! Nice use of dryer sheets!

Rebecca

BelleSouth said...

And it's great to see you back!!!

Rebecca

Chatty Crone said...

I'm not making tags - but I love yours! sandie

Sara said...

Apple crisp is one of my favorites! Yum... Happy to see you at Tangle Happy again. Wishing you a happy Thursday. :)

Shana said...

Oh Tina! It is so good to hear from you! I have missed our chats and have lost touch with you which I do not want to do!!! I will head to your blog right after this and check it out. I have a hard time keeping up since I am not on blogger anymore and I forget easily too. I tell you I am OVER summer lol. It is too hot here in GA in the summer and I am so ready for fall. Not to mention my birthday is the 23rd of this month which is also the first day of fall. We have to make sure to keep in touch with each other. I don’t like to lose true friends I have made!! I posted this here in reply to your comment on my blog because I wasn't sure you would get the email reply.

I have to tell you I finally joined the TWi hards! I just a few weeks ago read all 4 books in 5 days and then watched all the movies. I am so hooked now. A couple of my friends and I are going to go to Kennesaw for the Breaking Dawn premiere in Nov and we are making a night of it by watching it at 12:01 and then going to the room, getting up to eat and catching a matinee, leaving to shop and have dinner and then watching it again that night. I think it may be overboard but will be a total blast.

myletterstoemily said...

i love your creative use of dryer sheets! your
flower pot is beautiful!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet post, Tina! I am so much more in the mood for fall after hearing your reminiscing and talk of all the fall goodies. I'm not much of a baker, but you sure make me wish I was better at it. ;) I love your sweet tag. That flower is just adorable. So love that you make them from recycled dryer sheets. I really need to give that a try. Love the window pane effect in your junk journal, too. Perfect!

Faith said...

Oh Lucy, the pie smelled wonderful and looks delish....love firing up the old oven..the fall comfort foods....I see you've added a new background..nice..raining here today..and I think....I'll make a chicken pot pie too....it sounds just wonderful.....love looking at your projects...Do you home school for 6 hours a day...?

Velma said...

love the flower idea!
Thanks for the sweet comment about my blanket!

Collected Treasures...for the home, heart and soul said...

love, LOVE your tag and I would like some coffee cake please.....you just made me very hungry :)
xojana.

Ghost said...

you always have so much of interest.

Chan said...

This is very pretty. I like the flower tag and how you have it sitting in the window. Very creative!

Faye said...

Your fall flower in the hand cut pot is gorgeous. I've never made one from dryer sheets. I know yours is really sparkly with the glimmer mist and stickles. Your pot pie made me so hungry. Lucky family you have.