Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembrance and Joy

I've been doing some scrapbooking, and in remembrance of Sept 11, 2001, I gathered up all my reds, whites, and blues.


And of course, when you look back in remembrance of heroes and lost loved ones, flowers are customary.  Here's a red, white, and denim blue lollipop flower I made.


Scrapbooking is a very creative and relaxing outlet for me, and I felt compelled to scrap and journal about the 10th anniversary of  9-11.  I clipped and saved articles I found from our local newspapers.


Of course, I feel a terrible sadness when looking back, and seeing the images on t.v. again; but I also find joy, and pride, in remembering how our nation pulled together like I've never seen before, and like I hope we'll never forget. 

As we move into the new week ahead of us, and upon finishing what responsibilities Mondays typically require of me, and of Dear Son...


we will find one of our greatest joys, when tuning into Monday Night Football tonight!  We are very happy to see the new season begin, and yes, WE ARE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!

Be sure to visit Faith, at Crochet By The Sea,


 to see what simple joys she shares today! 

8 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Good idea making a scrape book and putting the memories down somewhere.

You watch Monday night football? My hubby would love you!

sandie

Faith said...

Such a talent you Lucy....I would agree we pulled toghether like we've never seen. It was a good time, it was a bad time and one which we will never forget. Enjoy FB....tonight...making popcorn? Thank you for stopping over at my place....and for participating in the What is your joy Monday.

Ethyl

Debi Y. said...

Very nice scrapbook. I made one when it first happened but it's nowhere near as nice as yours. :)

craftattack said...

Great idea to make a scrapbook page to remember 9/11, just the right thing! Valerie

Leann said...

Hi Tina

Good to hear from you again. Love your idea for a 9/11 scrapbook. I've been busy creating cards and an album for Halloween. I'm hope sick today - just feeling really off.

Leamm

Tracy said...

Such a special page for a tragic event.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I just love that you created a 9/11 remembrance album, Tina! Such a great idea. Love the lollipop flower to pieces.

Kateri said...

What a lovely thing to do in remembrance of 9/11!