Saturday, September 24, 2011

Remembering Jim

O.K...  I admit I didn't know him personally, let alone on any first name basis, but I feel like Jim Henson was probably the kind of guy who would have much preferred "Jim" over "Mr. Henson".

 
From my youngest memories of Sesame Street, to the latest productions still made in his name, I've ALWAYS been a big fan!


And as you can see, that tends to show up in some of the crafts (or recipes, LOL!) I've made, and then shared with you here!
 

Of course, while I may be a bigger kid at heart than most people might be, I still hope that my visitors see the fun in it, and that my enthusiasm and antics still at least cause them to smile!


I think people can act any way they want on the outside, for the sake of appearances, and/or due to the grown up responsibilities that tend to dominate and overshadow what's really still alive deep down in all our hearts; so I believe Jim Henson had it right when he said... 

"The most sophisticated people I know...  
Inside they're all children."


"My hope still is to leave the world a little better 
than when I got here."
(James Maury Henson, Sept. 24, 1936 - May 16, 1990)

Today would have been Jim Henson's 75th birthday, if he were still with us today;  but in my heart and mind, it's still his birthday in Heaven, and I hope they're celebrating big!

 
So in fond remembrance, from the big girl now, 
who's definitely still a "kid inside",
this one's especially for you!  Happy Birthday Jim!


12 comments:

Cherie said...

very cute post.

Beverooni said...

I so agree!

Annesphamily said...

What a wonderful person he was! I cherish all the wonderful memories of Seasame Street too! Have a terrific wekend.

paula said...

I have always said that when I grow up I want to be an adult . .
"Wonder when THAT will happen," says the 60.5 year old child :0}

Tracy said...

What a sweet post.
I look at his shows and muppets, not only as entertainment, but as another art form.
The detail is amazing.

craftattack said...

Yeah, he was a great man, and brought such a lot of happiness to the world! Happy Birthday from me, too! Valerie

Audrey Pettit said...

Awwww, so very, very sweet, Tina! I think it's absolutely wonderful that you celebrate the joyous and childlike things in life, as they often bring the most happiness. It's childlike wonder and innocence and magic that make this world a better place. I can really relate to your feelings. I'm still quite fond of many childhood favorites. :)

Sandy said...

He entertained alot of folks. He wasn't in my favorites, I grew up long before him, and my daughter wasn't exactly in his time frame of popularity, but nephews loved the show.

Pom Pom said...

Oh, I agree! I still love the Muppets! My grands don't really watch Sesame Street, but I watched it with our kids. Kermit is irresistible! I even have Muppets in Space!

Nancy M. said...

The Muppets are so funny! I don't think I've ever really grown up, either! Love all your stuffed animals!

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

You and me both, girl!!! I love [and still find myself at the toys] shopping and enjoying being a 'kid at heart'!!!!



And I must stop to send along my thanks for being such a loyal visitor while I was absent in blog hopping. Much appreciated.

My link: Baltimore Orioles

This is an open invitation to stop by and view, if you can find time.

Happy Wednesday.

Lisa said...

How great! I was in college when he died. I was working at a bank for the summer and the manager came back from lunch and gave us the news. I really wanted to ask to leave. Just one of those that hits you when they are gone. You don't know them but are so influenced by them that you feel the loss. Thanks for the sweet post and memories!
Hugs, Lisa