Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Own Cat In A Hat

Just a quick post today, to share "What's On My Easel".  

I've always loved drawing, ever since I was a kid, but life took its course, and somewhere soon after my high school years, I lost confidence, and I lost touch with it.  But since trying my hand at scrapbooking, that in turn lead me to junk-journaling, which then lead to mixed media and art journaling.  So, whether it's a scrapbook layout I'm working on, or a painting I'm feeling inspired to start, it oftentimes starts with a drawing.


It feels good to draw again, when I find the time to.  Most often, this is sometime later in the evening, after dinner....   maybe while watching some t.v...   Being an ex-smoker, I really appreciate having something to do with my hands.  Even though I may already feel relaxed just kicking my feet up for the night, I still need something to do with my hands...  Anyways, I think I like my drawing better than the painting, but hey...  I'm just learning here!

(The brick background comes from using a 
Crafter's Workshop "brick" template.)

I'm just getting a feel for acrylic paints..  how to mix and blend them, how much to load my brush and not load my brush, and remembering how fast acrylic paints dry as you blend and shade, TRYING to create a the tiniest spec of dimension! Oh, and remember, there's no erasing here.  You can try to paint over a mistake, but you can't erase it...  A little scary, but I want to learn!  I like to think, at least I've got style, and at least I'm having fun with it!

So, what do you think?  Should I pursue this interest, or stick to drawing?..  Maybe go back to crocheting?  Ha! Ha!...   Well, you KNOW I like to do it all!  But how about YOU?  Do you think it's something you'd like to try?  It never has to be anything fancy; and it's YOUR art, which means it can be as simple or as elaborate as YOU want it to be.  You can keep it to yourself, as private as you want, or be dumb brave, like me, and share it with EVERYBODY!  The important thing is just to enjoy it!  Have fun with it! 

Each week, The Artistic Biker shares his ideas, paintings, journals, and even music, as he travels his own artistic journey.  You can find him on his YouTube channel, or at his blog, The Artistic Biker.

Thanks to all for visiting today!
 

25 comments:

Marydon said...

Oh,my golly day! Don't STOP now, my friend. That is just adorable. Anxiousto see what else you design, now.

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

craftattack said...

I love your cat in a hat - keep going girl! Valerie

Beverooni said...

Adorable! GO FOR IT!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very cool Tina! And good for you for pursuing this interest of yours again. I think you have real talent, for both the drawing and the painting. I'm not much good at either, but I sure love to create things with my hands. I think that's why I love crafting so much. When I was in college, I used to do some sketching, but it never went very far. Recently, I found that old sketchbook and was surprised that my drawers were better than I remembered them to be. :)

timcoffeyart said...

Hi Tina, You should definitely keep drawing and painting. Love your cat in a hat!

Tim :0)

Tracy said...

I honestly think your painting is perfect. I say keep it up.
I have dabbled in painting, but mostly folk art

Jacqueline said...

I used to love drawing too. Isn't it fun to experiment. I was justbsaying to my husband that one thing I love about blogging is the skills I have developed on the computer and with the camera. I say go for it. You have talent!

Bella Vista Cottage said...

Hi Tina, always reach for something new....keeps the mind active and it is fun.

Hugs, Barb

Leann said...

Oh how darn cute it that very 70's love it! You have so many talents my friend!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Kerrie said...

I love EVERYTHING you do!! Love the sketch, love the painting and the Brick background is great, wonderful job-YES! Please continue... Hugs, Kerrie

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love the cat and I love your playlist! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Love the cat and I love your playlist! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

Together We Save said...

Oh wow - that is great!!

Plush Possum Studio said...

Honey, if you're just beginning, then you've already grown as an artist!
I happen to enjoy both items mentioned.
I also happen to be a hat-wearing cat fancier! LOL
So I really like this one, and hope you'll stay with it, keep on sharing with us, and don't ever stop!!!!!!!
;)
Rose

Just a Few Designs said...

LOVE YOUR CAT in the hat!! omg!! toooo cute. Hey girly, im gonna try my hand at hosting a blog hop, would you like to come play along? Im recruiting some buds to hop along with and I thought of you...Its a 3 day Christmas themed hop sometme around the end of Nov or first week in Dec dates not set yet. If you'd like to join send me your FBook ID so I can add you to the group! Would love to have ya! xoxoxo
elsa

Sandy said...

Your kittie is adorable. Glad you're getting your grove back.

BEAR's Mom said...

hi...i'm your swap partner for Blissfull this month. please email your address to
victoriaresh@centurylink.com

DaCraftyLady said...

cute cute cute cat...but then I am like you I want to do it all too...I say do it all!!! :)

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Go for it I say!! Love the cat!!

Lisa said...

wow! You are just doing great. I wish I had ONE of your many art talents!! I like your kitty!! How fun to do an art journal. I never get far when I star one. Hope you are doing well!!
Hugs, Lisa

Diann said...

I think you did a fabulous job! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Denise said...

Darling blog and post!-Denise

Isabelle Thornton said...

You are so talented! I love this!
I am your newest follower. Follow me back.
Happy Halloween!
Isabelle

http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Micupoftea~ said...

How fun...go ahead and dabble in lots of things, and painting and drawing should definately be something you persue! Hope you stop by for tea and treats. Happy Halloween~

http://poetryinapotoftea.blogspot.com/2011/10/happy-haunting-halloween-tea.html#comments

LYNDY WARD said...

Love your cat in the hat!

But where's the Halloween Party?

Please fly by my party when you can...
Hauntingly Yours, Lyndy >^..^<

Princess Diana's Wedding Ring Giveaway & Halloween Party:
http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/