Monday, August 29, 2011

August In A Flash

Oh my gosh, WHERE does the time go?!  I just love Summer, and getting out of the house, and enjoying the great outdoors while we can!  I'm missing all my blogging friends a great deal, though, and hoping everyone is doing well and that you're all enjoying your Summer as well!

In the last week or so, we've experienced both an earthquake, and then a hurricane!  We don't usually experience anything like either such event in our neck of the woods, so August has certainly left its mark, leaving us with a few extra memories we won't soon, if ever, forget!  We had a lot of old trees and branches come down around here, after all was said and done, but today the issue is flooding, and whatever remains to be seen will all happen this afternoon.  I think we're clear enough from it, but they say that this will be the worst since sometime in the early 1900s!

Anyways, in my spare time, when either the chores are done, or the moon and the stars have coaxed us back into the house for the day, I've still been getting a little crocheting in, but I've also been working on what's called a "junk journal"!  It's a type a scrapbook that's the latest craze in this line of art-and-crafting, and I have just had so much fun with it!!  I loved working from page to page, a little at a time..  picking it up, and putting it down, day to day, which is what made it a perfect summer-time project!  As it would be much too difficult to show in any other manner, here it is on video, if you'd like to see it.  It's done in a bit of a rush, as YouTube allows just 15 minutes per video, so I just showed as much as I could!..


Hard to believe this gorgeous season is already on its way out, but I look forward to Fall, with all its colorful splendor, and all the sights and experiences it will bring!..  And I'm pretty sure I'll soon be working on my next junk journal!..  This time for Autumn!...    This kind of thing is a simple, but wonderful joy to me.


Be sure to check out Faith's blog,  Crochet By The Sea,
to see her Simple Joy for today!

Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

   

17 comments:

Cathyjo said...

What a lovely post. Thanks for sharing. A realy lovely junk journal WOW have never seen one befor. I can see why its such a joy to you. I hpe all is well where you are.Stay safe.((Hugs))

Plush Possum Studio said...

Hi Beansie! It's been too long since I cam by to catch up with your doings. So glad I could find a way to do so today--your video has just charmed me down to the ground. I love everything that you did with your book. Your uses of color, shape, size, and detailing really make it a special album.
It is freeing to ba bale to call any project not overly "special" so we can just relax. I think I do my best work that way.
You've inspired me to look at my much neglected own, poor book as it sits gathering dust......
It also shows me I am not alone in enjoying the ease of binder rings! Yay! Wouldn't be without at least a few in my stash. ;)
Have a great week!
Rose

glor said...

Oh my goodness, what a wonderful video of your Junque Journal ... adding to my list of to do "someday". This is a lovely keepsake. I know I would enjoy doing this too. Thanks for the video and all. Happy Fall to you ... my favorite season. Glad to see it coming! Have a great day ... blessings.

Cathy L. Calamas said...

So Fun!! Loved seeing your junk journal. Hope the hurricane passed thru with no damage.

Kristina said...

I love your Journal. This summer I created a "possibilities" journal. Nice video too.

craftattack said...

Love your journal, so pretty, what a lot of great ideas are in it! Hugs, Valerie

Annesphamily said...

Your journal is lovely. I am always amazed at the crafty creative souls I know! Hugs to you! Anne

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Hello, Tina!!
I am looking forward to Fall as I am no lover of heat!!

When you get chance, please stop by and see my 2 posts about my weekend getaway...

Hugs,
Debbie

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Wow!!! Love your JOURNAL! Good to see your post and catchup...have missed ya here in blogland! I've been gone alot, too! Let's get ready for Fall Ya'll!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, I am going to have to watch this again to catch every detail.
I loved all the different materials you used and how you used it. Teehee love your Tracy's Tags.
I am sure your family will treasure this especially your page of your hand and your daily sayings.
Thank you so much for sharing this and for bringing it to my attention.

Bella Vista Cottage said...

Hi Tina, your journal is great. Don't you just love Fall?!

Thanks for all your dear comments. Wishing you the best September ever!

Hugs, Barb

Faith said...

Hi Lucy, returning your call..time is flying no? I couldn't get back to you the other day as I had browser issues, and just got up and running yesterday...thank you for mentioning the Monday what is your job blog hop....I enjoy doing it, and thank you for participating last week. It is simple in its nature...that is why I like it..What is the status of the ph swap? guess I should have put a deadline...I sent mine off...I'd like eventually post all of the PH from the swap...Mary was your partner right? from Here's Home..looking forward to seeing what everybody did..well, I'm getting long winded again..stop by again ma dear for coffee anytime...
Ethyl

Sandy said...

Thanks so much for the visit, and sweet comments on my wedding ghan, much appreciate both. Glad you fared well given all that August has thrown at you. Like you, I hate to see summer end; really don't look forward to fall and winter. Used to, when I was younger, but not so much nowdays.

Shelia said...

Hi Beansie! Oh, I've got to watch this little video again to soak up some more of it! :)
I'm so ready for fall even though it's still very hot here!
I'll go and check out the crochet blog. I love to crochet and have just picked it up again and having a ball with it.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Doris Sturm said...

I LOVED your video, Tina! I'm so impressed - what an awesome Journal...there's a lot of work involved, but I can see the joy it must've been thinking it through and really getting creative with it. It's nice you can do one or two pages at a time in a binder. That is an awesome family airloom for future generations. I enjoyed going through the pages with you.
In fact, I looked at your Thumbelina tag the other day that you sent me when I had the seeds exchange...I'm always amazed at how talented my fellow bloggers are...I'm glad your survived that crazy weather and I trust UBU's ok too...you have a wonderful Labor Day and thanks so much for your kind words on my blog today regarding Mr. Bloomers.
With love and appreciation,
Doris (and Gizzy) hugs ;-)

Tiffanee said...

Love that journal. Wow you did have an exciting month. Glad you survived it all. Can't wait to see your next creation.

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey Tina! Love, love your junk journal! Reminds me of the old fashioned type of scrapbooking with all the mementos that you cut and paste in. So very, very cool. I can see that you've stuffed it chock full of wonderful summer memories. Love that you even found an old drawing of yours from years past. This is awesome! Can't wait to see your autumn version. :)