Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summertime Swaps

O.K..  If you've got the time, grab yourself a cup of coffee, tea, a soda...  whatever you choose, because this is going to be a while!  I've been busy, which is why I haven't posted in a while, and I've got a lot to share today... 

To begin, I'll start with the Summertime Matchbox Swap, hosted by Debi, for the Bloggerette Sorority!


My swap partner for the event was Cathy, at A Surcee Life.  Cathy told me she loved the ocean, the beach, and her favorite colors were blue and greens.  I made two matchboxes...  Cathy got the hat with the green ribbon, and the hat with the turquoise ribbon is for me!


I have to thank cynthialoowho for her tutorial for making your own matchboxes!  Next, I used the Boundary Waters border punch for the sides.  I cut up a washcloth to make miniature beach towels.


I had the little wide brim hats in my stash, as well as the little sunglasses (once upon a time, barrettes!), the beads, shells, candies, etc., that I thought were just perfect for a beach towel set up!  I really had fun putting these together!  Cathy was quicker than I was, though, and I received her matchbox first.  Isn't it sweet?!!


I love the color pink she used, and the beautiful paper flowers that set on top!  She sent all kinds of goodies with it...


including the cutest little pin, that she made herself, out of a watch piece!  See it, with the little bow, and pink gem stone dangling on the right side of it?  So pretty, and unique, I can't wait to wear it!...  Maybe to church this coming Sunday!...  Oh, and look at the bottom of the little drawer!


How CUTE is THAT?!  Cathy, thank you so much!  I LOVE everything you sent!

Another swap I was in, was a crochet pincushion swap that Tamara hosted, at her blog, Crochet With Tamara!  I had fun opening up this package when I got it!  Tamara crocheted the little red pair of shoes, and her friend Susie sent the beautiful flower pincushion with the little strawberry that dangles from the center!


You can see all the beautiful goodies that came with everything, and I know I'm going to make good use of all the laces and buttons!  Thanks to both Tamara and Susie!  The pincushions you sent are beautiful!...   I must add though, that the little red shoes that Tamara made, sure look like RUBY SLIPPERS to me!!


See where I proudly display them?  Perfect!

Well, now for the pincushions I made for Tamara and Susie.  I remember when I was a little girl, I loved a pincushion a little girlfriend down the street had.  Someone had made one for her, and she proudly displayed it in her room, with her favorite necklaces draped over it..  It was so pretty, I thought.  As I learned to crochet not long thereafter, I tried, at a young age, to make one like it.  But I was not successful.  It didn't come out right, and I don't know whatever happened to it.  I imagine it was thrown away.  So for Tamara's swap, I knew I was up to trying one, or actually THREE, again!


I was pretty happy with how they came out this time around!  I actually had a tough time finding a pattern for these; but if you're interested, then get ready to recycle those tuna fish cans!  I finally found a great pattern right HERE


Tamara got the pink chair, while Susie got the purple chair, and I now set my own little blue chair pincushion on my desk, alongside the Granny Stripe pencil cup cozy I made previously, in my June 21st post.  Hmmm...  Now I'm thinking I'd like to make some pretty stick pins for it sometime soon.  We'll see...

Onto another project... I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I've been making tags for a Twilight Tag Swap, hosted by Lisa, at Mini Album Scraps.  Well, I sent mine out, but didn't want to show anything until everybody got their tags, and no surprises were ruined.  Today, I was very excited to find that the postman had delivered the tags that I now get back from just some of the very talented ladies who participated!  Here's the video I made of how I made my tags for the swap, and then I show pictures of the tags that were sent back to me!  BTW, I hope you like silent movies, because I didn't feel like talking in this one!!


Aren't all the tags beautiful?!!  I LOVE every one of them!!  My thanks to Chiara, Shannon, Li, Veronica, and Elizabeth!!!

So what's next on my to do list?
 

I've got a potholder to crochet, and a set of tags I'm working on, and I'm also working on a junk journal!  What's a junk journal, you ask?   Well, hang in there for me, because I'm hoping to share that sometime soon too!

Have a great day, and thanks so much for stopping by!  


34 comments:

craftattack said...

OMG! No wonder you didn't have time to blog! Love all your things, and especially all those crocheted novelties, just great! Hugs, Valerie

Debi Y. said...

Everything is so pretty - I love the boxes and the ruby slippers. :)

Claudia said...

What wonderful swaps! Everything is so pretty and your work is wonderful.

xo
Claudia

Audrey Pettit said...

wow, when you said you've been busy with the swaps, you sure weren't kidding, Tina! How fun, though! Each swap is so unique and different. What a fun way to dabble in all sorts of crafts. I think your beach matchboxes are so clever. Love how you created a folded towel for them. And those pincushions you are are adorable. they remind me of a chair one I also had as a child.....although it wasn't crochet, but simply fabric. Still, I loved that thing. Must be something about the era, huh? Fabulous tags, too. Tags are just so fun.
Looking forward to seeing your next awesome projects. Take care. :)

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Wow you have been busy. I am afraid I haven't done anything creative lately...too hot!

The Altered Paper said...

Wow You Have been busy! I love the little cut up wash clothes! Such a great idea!
And the Chair Pin Cushions!!
Ah Really Gorgeous! Hugs,Tee

Doris Sturm said...

So you sent five of the same tags to just one person?...or what did I miss? Also, what does the yellow onion symbolize? I saw the movie, but don't remember the onion scene LOL, but I only saw the first one! I know you really liked the second one that I've not seen yet.

I love your matchbox beach scenes...how adorable and resourceful. You are just too crafty! You found your niche with scrap booking. It allows for a lot of imagination to unfold for someone who's as creative as you. Not sure I could deal such tiny things with my clumsy hands.

Please excuse me for asking, but what does a person to with a tag? Is it like a gift tag? or do you use it for decorating packages? I still have the one you sent me that one time with the seeds and it's staying right here! I love it!

Have a great day and a big belly rub for UBU (woof from Gizzy!)

Best Regards,
your pal
Doris :-)

Beverooni said...

You are one busy lady!!!! I love absolutely everything you posted about today. I think the matchboxes are a great idea. I may do something like that this year for my girls from Christmas and put treasures in them. You know, I remember my mom making chairs kind of like that with tuna fish cans. I had forgotten all about it. You inspire me!!!!

DaCraftyLady said...

OMG those match boxes are too cute and I love the pin cushions, the Ruby Red slippers are perfect!! I would love to make them for a friend so where is the pattern found???? Your chair pin cushions are cute cute... :) You have been busy.... Debb

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wow is right, you have been busy !
Everything is so is so creative & wonderful ! I am always inspired after a visit here. Have a wonderful day !
Love & Blessings,
~Myrna

Chatty Crone said...

Like everyone else said you weren't kidding when you said you were busy.

I think the beach scenes on the covers were my favorite - how do you do them so small.

And you were in a lot of giveaways! Whew.

Sara said...

Mmm... Everything looks lovely! And I love the idea of blog swaps. Wishing you a happy Thursday. :)

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness your projects are so beautiful.
Swaps can be so much fun. I love to see what other creative people are doing.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Tina,
Love all of your creations!! You have been busy!!
Always such a pleasure to visit you!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Dapoppins said...

Swaps are so much fun! I Love this stuff!

Pam said...

You have definitely been busy. You're very creative and it makes me envious. Keep up the fun stuff!

sissie said...

Beansie,
You have been a very busy girl!
I love all of your projects. The little beach inspired match box is so cute.
Love the little crocheted chairs. I remember those from years ago.

hugs
Sissie

Leann said...

Well have you had time to take a breath? Your fingers must be like the energizer bunny:)

Everything is darling - love your crochet work - I'd love to learn and even bought a "started kit" but well...

Anyways have a wonderful week and stay cool!
Leann

lovestitch said...

Such a lovely Swap! The stuff is so cute! You are so creative, keep enjoying your busy-ness!
Great day to you! x

Just a Few Designs said...

Girl with coffee in hand I have been sittng here going through you blog...love it. And the music is so relaxing. thanks for a great time. The kits are up now on my blog if you wanna check them out... onl a few left.
xoxoxo
Elsa

Andria said...

Busy, busy...I love seeing all of your swap goodies!

Cathy L. Calamas said...

You have been busy, girl!! thanks for the sweet words about my matchbox. :)) It's crazy hot here too although we had a little break this past weekend. Going up to the mountains (NC) this weekend so it should be refreshing!!

Jennibellie said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I can't believe how much you've made, theyre all so gorgeous, you're one talented lady :) much love Jenny

kathy said...

I was lucky enough to receive a tag from Karlas tag swap -- love all the details --front and back -- kathy - ga
countrychintz.blogspot.com

Becs said...

Hi Tina, Thanks so much for the adorable tag I received from Karla. It is so cute! Becs

Fran. said...

Oh Beansie you are just so talented!! I love the way you recycle and the story you tell of how you made them!! And how cute are those beach matchboxes!! I would have had to make myself one too!! LOL Take care, XO Fran.

Deborah said...

Hi Tina,
Love the tags and the sweet pincushions and the tiny goodies from your matchboxes. I just wanted to let you know that I received one of your tags from Karla's Birdsong Swap, I love the blue textured paper you used for the background and the cute little birdie. Looking forward to the next swap.

Faith said...

Lucy...! I was wondering what you have been up to..so I popped over...wow...as usual your blog is jam packed with lovies and information...you have made and received some wonderful gifts...I like to make several of those items...love that pin cushion chair, and those matchboxes...may give that a try too...craft fair comingup...hoping your enjoying cooler air and breezy fun days.....talk to you soon...
Ethyl

Melody said...

Whoa, You have been busy. It all looks wonderful and love those Red Slippers too!

crochet lady said...

Wow, some great creative ideas! I miss doing paper crafts. I am usually so busy with crochet or jewelry making.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Sweetie...
Looks like you have been a very busy girl, and I didn't make it by until now, and it's August, so Lord only knows what you have been up to now. I have still lost my dashboard and my google reader, I can only visit my friends by scrolling back over past comments to link to you all. I have so missed visiting with you.

I love your little matchbox creations. They are so detailed from the hats to the glasses to the little shells. How perfect sweetie.

I also love the little photo in the bottom of the one you received, and those flowers are so pretty. What a keeper.

Love your crocheted chairs. Fit for a queen. As I don't crochet, I love seeing the work produced by so many others.

This is the Miracle Weekend makeover. I am one of the hosting sites. For every comment left, Guideposts magazine will pay a dollar, to the next cancer makeover patient. Please stop by and read the story about 9 year old Charlie, and bless me with a comment. Out goal between the 4 or 5 blogs is 5,000. I know we can do it. I would appreciate it, if you pass the word around to as many friends as possible.

Thank you sweetie for a wonderful post. I love it. Have a glorious weekend. Country hugs from Phoenix, Sherry

Marydon said...

Now I know where you've been & what you've been up to. Where do you get the energy? Your matchbox creations are darling. Beautiful crochet work, too.

Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs,
TTFN ~
Marydon

Kristina said...

I apologize for not visiting here more often. My garden had kept me sooo busy. I just love this post. The pin cushion chairs are so cute.

Mary said...

Oh, Tina, those are absolutely darling! I've copied the tuna can/pin cushion chair recipe for myself. Your Granny crochet jar cover is tdf :)