Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yard Sales -n- Butterflies

As I've already mentioned, I'm tickled pink that the garage-n-yard sale season is back in full swing now, and I went to a few.  There was one house that had a little somethin' that I've been wanting for a while now...


I don't really like making videos; but when it becomes necessary for simpler craft display and blogging purposes, so far the process has been miserable!  I've been using a bag of split peas, propped on a box of some sort, with my camera somehow propped on top of all that, and still having a large degree of difficulty with it.  So, then I looked into the prices of new tripods, and I decided I'd rather deal the bag of peas!

But then I hit the jackpot at this one yard sale!  There, sitting in the owner's PREVIOUS owner's driveway, was this little gem, absolutely calling to me!


A tripod for my camera, and for only $10.00!  Woo-hoo!!!  "I'll take it!"....  Of course, ask me if I LIKE to make videos, now that I have the proper equipment?  No!  Again, I DON'T like public speaking.  But at least, if I have to, the process will be MUCH easier now; and I think I'll put those peas to better use by making some homemade SOUP instead!

I've been working on some tags for a swap I'm in, but am taking a small break from those, to try my hand at butterflies!


This is the first one I put together.  I made my own template, which measures about 5 1/2" wide x 4 3/4" high.


On the back I attached a pop-tab from a beer ahem..  I mean, soda can (grin) for hanging purposes.  You see, I don't just save them for bracelets!  Always remember to recycle!


Inspired by Fiona, and Cynthialoowho, these are made from cardstock, and whatever crafty supplies and materials I have on hand to play with...  laces, ribbons, flowers, buttons, beads, etc, etc..  All I needed now was my hot glue gun, some E6000, and from there, the sky's the limit!  Just let your imagination fly....  like a butterfly!!

I'm going to hang these two up now; but I had so much fun making them, that I think I'm seeing red and pink ones in the very near future!   Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope everyone's keeping cool as these summer temperatures are already on the rise again.


9 comments:

craftattack said...

Love the butterflies, and your tripod was a real bargain, well done! Hugs, Valerie

Chatty Crone said...

Love your having a tripod to be 'ready' and your beautiful butterflies. sandie

Linda in New Mexico said...

Wow, now that's what I call a junking slam dunk. And btw, great butterflies...happy.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

They are very pretty and what a great way to use those pop tabs. You were great in your last video by the way.

Leann said...

Oh I see many videos in your future sweetie:) What a steal - do you just have a regular old fashioned video camera? Or is it a new dgital camera kind?

Love the "flutterbies!" Can't remember where I heard that word but i makes me smile.

Leann

Faith said...

oh Lucy, it's Caliente here for sure 88...c'mon up for nice cold lemonade...staying hydrated is very important..no mischief for us today....stay cool....

Tracy said...

Yeah for finding what you wanted, thats always a good thing :)
Your butterflies are so pretty. When I first saw what you did, I thought it was made from something else, so that got the creative mind flowing ;)
You know what I will be doing tomorrow :)

I sent you a message about the envelope swap :)

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Tina,
These are so beautiful!! What a great idea!! I think I may try a few of these for my Summer Tea Cup and Butterfly Tree that I have in my Craft Room. But I do need to find some time!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Hi!! Just got your msg on my blog. I'm excited to be your matchbox swap partner too!! Just got your list of favorites and I already have the perfect piece of teal paper in mind :)). Love your blog and I love yard sales, too. Just saw two signs this morning for saturday sales near me. Can't wait!!