Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tag Theme "Seven"

Various projects and responsibilities have prevented me from participating in the last couple of challenges hosted by Rebecca, at Blog Challenge Garden, and I was really starting to miss playing along...


But I seem to be catching up a little now, and I gave a couple days' thought to the newest tag challenge theme, which this week is the number SEVEN!  My mind wandered and pondered over movies, songs, and various collections I have about the house.  I thought about books...


...and even THE "Good Book", remembering how Jesus, with his disciples, fed thousands of men, women, and children with only seven loaves of bread and a few small fish.  "And they all ate and were satisfied."  (Matthew15:32-37)...   Well, I felt the Holy Spirit in me!  And I felt that creative inspiration!..  Can I hear an "Amen"?!!


(Sigh)   Unfortunately, it turned out I DIDN'T have the stamps, images, nor even enough ink in my printer at the moment, to transfer all this spirit onto paper!..  So-oooo, I tried to think of something else.  Eventually, it seemed like I couldn't come up with anything at all, and that I might even have to skip a third weekly challenge...  I felt a little discouraged, but oh well....   I began to focus on other things.

As we've been getting a lot of rain these days, and the temperatures have cooled significantly, I thought I should seize the opportunity!  I began flipping  through my recipes, with the intention to start some baking.  Suddenly, I ran across a little scrap of a recipe, and next thing I knew, my brain was racing in reverse!  I ran to the corner store, grabbed a bottle of 7Up, then headed right back home again.  No, I wasn't thirsty, and I never did drink the soda!  I just wanted the label!


Now I have a much nicer looking recipe, for 7Up Cake, along with a couple other tags I've already made, to add to my own personal scrappy-cookbook!  It's a slow work in progress, but that cookbook is really special to me...


and I'm just loving it more and more, as I keep adding a mixture of recipes, photos, artistic embellishments, and all the happy memories that I can possibly fit in there! 

Oh... And as for that soda?...  Dear Son was looking at it for a minute, but I told him straightaway, "Uh-uh!  I'm making cake with that tomorrow!" 


Now I half expected a look from him, as if my face had turned green or something; but he knows me well!  He just shrugged his shoulders, said "o.k.", as if no big deal, and found something else to drink!


He likes when he smells good things baking in the oven!..  And I love that he likes that!  In fact, he just put his request in for Chocolate Chip Cookies...   No need to ask twice!  Cookies always sound good to me!

Thanks to Rebecca for hosting Tag Tuesday,
and thanks to everyone for stopping by today!
   
    

14 comments:

Diane said...

A very creative idea.....love it....and that its going into your recipe collection is even better!!

Micki said...

That's a neat idea! I am going to be making a cookbook soon for my favorite recipes.
Micki

Jeannette said...

Ohh Tinaa,this is very coll,and a great idea,the music makes me very happy,you are so wonderfull.
Thank you very much for you very nice komment of my blog,iam very happy*LOL*


Have a nicw weekend ttoo:-)

Hugs Jeannette

craftattack said...

Great tag, and I am happy you've seen the light! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Tina,

You always make me smile and give me so much inspiration to continue on. Thanks for sharing.

Love & Hugs,
Tamara

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Cookie lovers?!!!! Oh, me too. And Bud. Chocolate Chip? Bud's all time favorite. Me, it's oatmeal raisin and pecans...with shaved chocolate bits. Oh so very yummy.

You did a super job with the '7' challenge if you want my opinion...well done.


My post for today: Fact or Fiction...you decide.

Thanks for the visit Wednesday...your comments are always treasured!

Chatty Crone said...

You even found a song to go with your post! lol

Linda M. said...

Hi Tina, I thought about a 7 Up tag too but i didn't have the energy to run out to purchase one. A 7Up cake sounds yummy. Your tag looks awesome. Your original thougts on the tag sound like a wonderful idea too. Have a great weekend! Linda

The Altered Paper said...

What a Great Post! Thank You for Sharing! I'm in love with your 7 Up Tag! What splendid ideas!
Very Creative & Inspiring! Hugs,Tee

Tracy said...

How fun are your recipe tags. Love those.
I have heard of the 7Up cake, haven't made it though.

BelleSouth said...

How creative is that!? Great thinking!

Rebecca

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a fantastic ides, 7 UP -really great.

Fran. said...

Well are't you something Beansie!! So clever!! and cute cute cute!! Wouldn't that be a cool tag swap? Recipe tags!! Maybe there is one and I missed it. I love anything recycled. How was the cake? I love cake alittle to much I think!! LOL Take care, XO Fran.

doulanana said...

Love you blog and thanks for the art journal tip with the sponge!!