Thursday, May 19, 2011

Strawberry Salutations

For this week's Tag Tuesday challenge, at the Blog Challenge Garden, the current theme is "strawberries".


Having no papers or stamps, embellishments, nor even any graphics on hand to go with this theme, I then began thinking to look upon songs, poems, or quotes.  I found a quote that inspired me, by Terri Guillemets,  at her website, The Quote Garden...

"Strawberries are the angels of the earth, 
innocent and sweet, 
with green leafy wings reaching heavenward."

Isn't that sweet?..  Well, from as young as I can remember, I always loved to draw...  pictures of all kinds.  There was a particular set of little characters I used to doodle all the time, I remember, so I decided to use them in my tag.  However, this time I would not be drawing them, I would be paper-piecing them together...   everything, down to their little noses, is cut by hand.  Now, of course, they don't look exactly like the little drawings I've done, but I'm happy with the paper-cut version!  The technique was fun!


Here you see my own artistic take on strawberry angels.  I didn't add halos, but I made their bodies and caps to look like strawberries, and then gave them their "green leafy wings", all set against a starry, sort-of-heavenly, background.  You can't tell in the photo, but the strawberries in their hands are raised for dimension; and the one thing I was sorry I forgot, was to glimmer mist the one little strawberry angel's wings, on the bottom left of the tag.  But here you have it..  I hung it in my kitchen window, just above my sink, and it makes me smile!

Well, as it so happened, Dear Daughter was coming for dinner last night, and for SOME reason, I had a craving for strawberries..  So I put on my Strawberry Shortcake apron and I whipped together a Strawberry-Pretzel Pie!


While I was at it, I baked a Banana Cream Pie too!  Both were delicious, and by the time we'd finished dinner and dessert last night, I'm surprised I could even MOVE!  With that, and the exception of the allergies I'm still suffering, all in all, I still couldn't have wished for a nicer evening with both my kids!

Special thanks to Rebecca for hosting Tag Tuesdays
and thanks to all for stopping by today!


22 comments:

Linda in New Mexico said...

I used to have an obsession with strawberry everything...and strawberries and daisies together were my very best happiness..
I wonder where I lost that because I still think they are both adorable..but I don' have any in my decor, anymore. Just in the garden. Your strawberry angels are wonderful and now I've got a hankering for a strawberry pie.

Maria@BubblegumandDuctTape said...

That sure turned out cute and its really all hand made, no die cuts, berry cute. Love your apron too.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh--how precious!! I love your strawberry angels!!!
XO
Cindy

Beverooni said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Rachel B said...

Your tag makes me smile...it so cute and whimsical!

Eileen said...

How sweet and cute! I just love your Strawberry Shortcake button, too. :)

Faye said...

Your little strawberry angels are adorable! And the tag is really beautiful with the lace and all. About my glass jars, most of them were labeled that they were ok for freezer. I'm just crossing my fingers on the ones not made for freezing. I may be looking at a sticky mess one day.

Life At Camellia Cottage said...

Oh, I love your cute tag!!! Thanks so much for coming by and visiting my blog. Paper crafting IS addictive, but it is one craft that you can really start off small and only get as 'big and fancy' as you want, or can afford! I'm on a budget too, and that's one of the reasons I'm not a stamper! You can find so many neat images online that are free (or almost) that you can use instead! Thanks again, hope to see you back soon! Becky

Chatty Crone said...

My daughter used to LOVE Strawberry Shortcake and her friends - all your strawberries look delish and glad you had a nice time with your kids.

Faith said...

Lucy the bakery smelled delish? Any leftovers for a straggler with a pot of fresh cuppa? your angels are darling...so creative my friend...you fill our lives with joy and whimsy...thank you.. hoping your allergies let up...

Ethyl

Linda in New Mexico said...

I have an award for you on my blog.....tag you're it.

glor said...

What a wonderful tag. You are certainly creative! And the quote is great. What a delight. Your dessert looks delicious ... save me a slice please??? On my way!

BelleSouth said...

Creativity took you in a couple of directions! Looks like it was all fun!

Rebecca

Marilyn Girling said...

Such a cute tag and a wonderful post! You really got into the spirit of the Strawberry prompt, a tag, apron, pies...you go girl!!

Debi Y. said...

Your strawberry tag is really cute - great work. :)

Lynn said...

Your strawberries are adorable and your BLOG is so pretty!

Diane said...

So adorable and creative...a wonderful post, too!!

DaCraftyLady said...

what a cute saying and cute project, I do love strawberries...liked the tag....Debb

Hellemor said...

WOW such a lovely and fun tag. Love the strawberry children. It´s very creativ.

JannaStamps said...

Hi There! What a sweet tag, just like the lovely fruit! Your pie looks delicious too! Great job on both!

Terri said...

That is absolutely lovely. Thank you very much for dropping me a note!

Doris Sturm said...

I love strawberries, not only do they taste delish, they look so cheerful too and your tags are just lovely, but I do really like that pie - I want a piece NOW - my mouth is watering!