Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spring Fashion Lineup

After crocheting a pillow recently, and posting the photos, I realized maybe it was time for a little fashion makeover for my Goody Two Shoes dolly...   The outfit she was wearing is actually an outfit my own daughter wore, when she was just a peanut, so you can imagine how much I still LOVE that little outfit...   But looking at that photo,  I thought "O.K... O.K.!  Time to throw this outfit in the wash...   and maybe it is time for a little fashion makeover."  Something pretty for Spring would be nice, right?!

In the meantime, I had another doll waiting for an outfit too.  I found Dora at a neighborhood yard sale.  I thought maybe Dear Daughter, who teaches Spanish, might like her!  So, the time was right.  I got out my hooks and yarns, and I began crocheting a couple of matching Spring outfits for BOTH dolls!


These outfits are inspired by a pattern named "Love and Sunshine", dated 2007,  written by Darlene Cutler; and if you're interested, you can find it HERE.  Many thanks to Darlene, for all the beautiful doll patterns she shares!  You can find a good many more of her patterns HERE as well!  I followed much of Darlene's pattern fairly closely, but not entirely.  For my doll, who stands about three or 4 inches taller, I had to alter the pattern quite a bit.  The flower embellishments on the tops are my own doing. 


Now doesn't this look better?!  I'm pretty happy with how cute both dolls look now, but now I just hope Dear Daughter thinks so too!

Meanwhile, I've signed up for a couple of tag swaps.  First one up will be for Twilight tags, at Mini Album Scraps.  (By the way, there's still time to sign up if you'd like! This is gonna be FUN!)...   I've been watching the movie, and scouring through the book for what favorite scene and/or quote I want my tag to depict.


I've been torn, because the tag is supposed to be based on the movie, and not necessarily the book.  I really wanted to go with something that was relevant to both, but I think I've finally come up with an idea to focus on.  Now all I have to do is start gathering my goodies and scrapbooking supplies, and I can start making my tags!

Speaking of scrapbooking supplies, a very sweet scrapbooking friend, through YouTube, has just sent me an RAK package!  Just look at all the beautiful dies Sherri, 101shabbychic, has sent me, to use with my new Big Shot! 


I was so excited to receive these, and can't thank Sherri enough for such a generous gift!  I have no doubt, I will make very good use of all of these!  Sherri, YOU'RE a doll!!!  Thank you!.. Thank you so much!

And thanks to all for stopping by today!

   

7 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Beansie Sweetie...
What a beautiful share. Your dollies look absolutely gorgeous now. They are dancing along to your music today, and look at those gorgeous smiles. I only wish I knew how to stitch as well. I love your outfits.

I bought a Boo (you know the little girl from Monsters Inc.) dollie with no clothes. She needs a little something. I had thought maybe I would sew her an outfit. I will have to keep you updated. Someone cut her bangs off to her scalp, but she still talks, but I believe she is still cute so snatched her up for 1.00. My grand daughter will love her when I get her all fixed up.

I so enjoyed popping in today. Hope you are doing well. I think of you often sweet friend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Paula said...

Your two "little girls" look nice in their new clothes :0}

Marydon said...

Your darlings are just precious ... I love their new clothes.

Have a graet eve ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Tina! I just love your dolly dresses! They both look fabulous! SOOOOO sweet!
And what a wonderful gift you received in all those dies. You are going to have a ball with them.
Looking forward to seeing your Twilight tag. :)

Anonymous said...

Your crochet outfits are so sweet!
The Ceekay was made with scrapbooking buttons. Glued them onto the metal star.
Ceekay - thinkinofhome.blogspot.com

Chatty Crone said...

Your little ones are adorable. One looks like my old Chatty Cathy doll - from years ago.

Pammy Sue said...

Oh my gosh, Teener! I had not been here to see your pillow. It turned out so pretty! Do you love it? And the doll outfits are really cute too. I've been thinking about getting a life-sized doll to model all the baby clothes I've been making. Dolls kind of creep me out, so I haven't actually done it yet. I would have to keep her in a trunk or closet or something!